WW Business Intelligence Leader, AWS
- Vancouver, Canada
Amazon is seeking an experienced Sr. Manager of Business Analysis to lead a team of analysts to drive insights and reporting connected to Amazon Web Services (AWS) Sales. This team will own developing and executing on a roadmap of analytical work to deepen our understanding of the space, and use findings to drive change that will result in better results for AWS and its customers. This team will also own establishing metrics and building new reporting and dashboards to bring visibility to key inputs and outputs to AWS senior leaders and the broader AWS organization.
This is a high profile role and requires an individual with excellent team leadership skills, outstanding business acumen, and the ability to work across various functional teams and internal partner teams. We are looking for a leader who is a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, demonstrates strong attention to detail, and has the ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Finance, related technical field, or equivalent work experience
• 10+ years of years of relevant work experience in analytics, data engineering, business intelligence, market research or related field
• 5+ years of experience managing high performing teams in the data and analytics function
• Experience using SQL, ETL and databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
• Experience with large-scale data warehousing and BI solutions, including using AWS technologies - Redshift, S3, Spectrum, EC2, Data Pipeline and other big data technologies
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate projects across functional teams, including engineering, IT, product management, marketing, finance, and operations
• Both technically deep and business savvy enough to interface with all levels and disciplines within the organization
• Graduate degree in computer science, business, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative field
• Knowledge of Advanced SQL and a programming language (Python, R, or others)
• Experience with data visualization using Tableau or similar tools
• Experience with statistical analysis using R/SAS/Matlab or similar tools
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top