Worldwide Technical Leader, Retail
Would you like to own driving the global technical strategy for Amazon Web Services (AWS) and work with the world's largest and most innovative retail companies? Would you like to be part of a cross-functional team focused on increasing technology adoption of cloud computing by engaging directly with technical leaders, C-level executives and influencers at all levels across the industry? Do you have the business background, technical depth, and communication skills needed to help further establish Amazon as the leader in retail industry?
Your responsibilities will include helping articulate the technical strategy for AWS in the retail market, identifying and engaging key strategic integration and solutions partners, and driving the technical relationships with industry thought leaders and key prospect/customers to create significant new opportunity pipelines. You will enable the AWS enterprise sales teams to more effectively drive their day-to-day interactions with key prospects. You will work closely with AWS Solutions Architects and AWS Professional Services teams to develop and promote cloud best-practices, including data security and regulatory compliance. You will also work closely with the AWS product and services teams to help evolve AWS offerings for more rapid enterprise adoption in the retail space.
The ideal candidate will possess a technical background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the highest levels of retail companies, as well as having the presence and wherewithal to easily communicate the benefits of cloud computing to enterprise architects, application architects and engineers, infrastructure architects and engineers, and enterprise security and compliance teams. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of global businesses, and be deeply familiar with complex, legacy IT environments including applications, middleware, storage, networks, information security, and operations.
Furthermore, having an understanding of retail applications such as supply chain, logistics, e-commerce, POS, fraud detection, and payments; and emerging technologies such as Machine Learning/AI, VR/AR and IoT will be an important distinguishing element of the ideal candidate.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Together with the broader Retail team, helps develop the strategic plan for AWS, particularly the technical elements of the strategy and plan to engage customers and partners
- Responsible for understanding the use cases for the retail industry and developing the AWS-based technical solutions that address those needs. This includes use of, and/or integrations with, third party solutions as well as developing reference architectures that highlight the use of AWS services in partnership with internal and external teams
- Responsible for ensuring that the broader technical community (SAs, ProServe Consultants, TAMs, etc.) understand both the use cases and technology involved across the retail vertical. Works with the Training and Sales Enablement teams to help develop the necessary technical skills and knowledge within the community, in order to help the team be effective in sales cycles.
- Responsible for establishing technical credibility in sales cycles (personally or with the broader technical team), and can credibly drive discussions with CTOs, CIOs, Chief Architects, Senior Developers, etc. from both customer and partners across the retail vertical.
- The right person will be highly technical and analytical, and will be capable of understanding the complexities of large retail enterprise IT environments.
- Must have 7-10 years of experience in senior technical leader positions within the retail vertical, and enterprise solutions selling experience.
- Technical knowledge of enterprise IT is required, including: database systems, tiered storage architectures, server and desktop virtualization, data center operations, network security, etc. with ability to go deep on technical aspects to understand current and future customer needs and present AWS technical benefits.
- Technical knowledge of retail applications, platforms, and data ecosystem, with ability to go deep on technical aspects to understand current and future customer needs and present AWS technical benefits.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, with customers, SI's and ISVs.
- Technical degree highly desired; or equivalent background.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top