For more than 14 years, Amazon Web Services ("AWS") has been the world's most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. AWS offers over 200 fully featured services to millions of active customers around the worldincluding the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agenciesto power their infrastructure.
As the Worldwide Specialized Organization (WWSO) Marketing Go-To-Market (GTM) Strategy Lead, this person will be a critical member of the Strategy & Operations organizations leadership team. They'll be responsible for development and execution, working with leadership of the WWSO GTM Marketing Strategy at both the Service Group and Segment level, in order to identify key GTM initiatives (demand generation activities, 1:many targeted customer events, etc.) to drive and increase qualified leads and pipeline to drive and accelerate AWS revenue. This person will collaborate with the WWSO Specialized Service Leadership, Strategy & Operations Leadership team and the AWS Marketing Team, to bolster and execute the marketing sales strategy and pipeline build. This is accomplished through ensuring the Enablement organizations, in some cases jointly, with each Service and Segment group, delivers enablement to the Geo and Field sales organizations so that the Geo and Field sellers can effectively prospect, work leads, and qualify and build pipeline.
• Work with Specialist Service Leads to build and drive the short and long-term GTM marketing strategy and participate in AWS and WWSO specialized sales strategy and planning discussions.
• Collaborate with Marketing organization to structure partnerships to meet Specialist team strategy.
• Promote AWS Specialized Services, Vertical and Segments with Marketing organization, and Field Marketing.
• Proactively lead joint marketing planning process with Marketing and Specialist team that identifies mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones.
• Ensures leads are developed and passed to appropriate sales teams (specialized or generalists) to increase collaboration and rate of success.
• Evaluate effectiveness of Marketing and Field Marketing programs from WWSO perspective and provide feedback on how to improve and enhance.
• Coordinate development of sales, marketing materials and enablement required for Geo and Field sellers to be successful.
• Manage any conflict with Marketing organization
• 10+ years of experience in sales, sales strategy, and marketing in SaaS business model.
• 5+ years in marketing specific roles.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Ability to lead teams across a broad set of functions and geographies, developing new ideas and creative solutions for difficult, ambiguous and complex issues.
• Advanced degree preferred.
• Persuasive verbal & written communication skills with senior leaders.
• Excellent negotiations skills with internal and external stakeholders.
• Experience or familiarity with the AWS platform, products, solutions or capabilities.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
This position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.