Would you like to lead a team who are responsible for helping customers make smarter decisions using data from AWS Data Exchange? Do you have experience leading high-performing Sales or Business Development teams in the technology sector? Are you interested in working with customers across multiple data types and market segments?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS) we are looking for a world-class Sales or Business Development leader to manage a team of Business Development professionals who are responsible for helping AWS customers achieve business outcomes and unlock business value using data from AWS Data Exchange.
Reporting to the WW Head of Business Development for AWS Data Exchange, this leader will be responsible for the management and success of the AWS Data Exchange Customer Advisor team. This team works with customers who are looking to solve business challenges with data from AWS Data Exchange across data types including, Location, Consumer Markets, Audience Segmentation, Credit & Payments, Sustainability, Media, Financial Markets, Healthcare & Life Sciences.
We are looking for a hands-on leader who can provide strategic direction and leadership to their team, but is equally as comfortable and willing to "roll up their sleeves" to get things done.
AWS Data Exchange is democratizing the way millions of customers find, subscribe to, and use third-party data in the cloud. We have thousands of data products from more than 200 data providers, and we make it easier for developers, academics, enterprises, and scientific researchers to find the data they need to cure diseases, manage their food supply chain, and recommend the best movies when all you want to do is relax. As a recently launched service, this is your chance to work in a start-up like environment within AWS.
To learn more about Data Exchange, please visit: https://aws.amazon.com/data-exchange/
Preferred locations for this role are New York, Boston, San Francisco, Seattle, or London. However, virtual or other locations in similar time zones will be considered depending on candidate experience and relative location to key stakeholders.
• Hire and develop a growing team of Business Development professionals ensuring the team operates efficiently and collaboratively, with clearly defined goals and responsibilities.
• Grow and up-skill the team by mentoring them through the development and execution of sales strategies, and prospect/opportunity qualification parameters.
• Build, manage, and maintain a sales pipeline and ensure sales are progressing through the funnel with the velocity needed across multiple data types, to achieve our AWS Data Exchange adoption goals across the Customer Advisor team.
• Build relationships across the AWS sales organization and identify the most effective ways for AWS Data Exchange to integrate with existing and build new sales initiatives to drive adoption of AWS Data Exchange.
• Lead senior-level customer meetings to discuss customer's business challenges and explore how AWS Data Exchange can help achieve business outcomes and unlock business value.
• Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding sales pipeline, customer use cases, and metrics related to AWS Data Exchange adoption.
• You will confidently represent our team in front of leaders of all levels across the company and educate our sales teams on what we've built and how to use it.
Our team is focused on balancing life with work, and does this via work autonomy and by prioritizing solutions and processes that enable us to scale faster than the business. There will be opportunities to work from home some days and work hours are can be flexible and often self-defined.
Mentorship and Career Growth
One of the keys to AWS's success is close collaboration across internal stakeholders. You will have the opportunity to work with multiple AWS business lines that can help you accelerate your career and bring ideas to market. You will be working closely with key internal stakeholders (e.g. Product Management & Engineering, AWS field teams, AWS Services (e.g. Lake Formation), migration teams, legal, and operations).
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Working with a team that welcomes, celebrates, and leverages a diverse set of backgrounds and skillsets to deliver results is exciting. Partnering with others in the organization is key to our long-term success and is what helps frame our inclusive culture.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Business, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Product Design/Development, or related field.
• 12+ years of experience in an enterprise sales or business development role with a proven track record of developing new go-to-market strategies and delivering results by exceeding revenue growth targets
• 7+ years of experience managing a team of sales or business development professionals for fast growing technology solutions.
• The candidate must be a proven leader and excellent communicator who can drive consensus, credibility, and articulate recommendations to senior customer executives.
• Experience managing a sales team that sells to customers who license and use third party data.
• 2+ years of prior experience with data licensing in a regulated industry (e.g. Financial Services, Healthcare & Life Sciences).
• A strong understanding of AWS analytics services (e.g Redshift, AWS Glue, Lake Formation, QuickSight).
• Experience in large complex strategic deal negotiations with a successful track record of results.
• Ability to easily transition from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution.
• Demonstrated ability to lead others independently and autonomously in a highly ambiguous environment.