Worldwide Go-to-Market Leader for Publishing Solutions
- Flexible / Remote
Do you have a passion for transforming the Publishing industry with cloud technologies? Are you an expert in how companies and their partners are using cloud technology to revolutionize the creative, production, and marketing of published media? Do you thrive in a cross-functional environment, working closely with some of the best and brightest in the world?
As the Worldwide Go-to-Market Leader for Publishing Solutions, you will have an exciting opportunity to shape and deliver on a global strategy to help transform the industry by leveraging the AWS cloud computing platform to position and drive the right technology solutions to address customer needs. Your responsibilities will be to develop, implement, and manage technical solution packages for go-to-market growth programs, drive sales enablement, and work with field teams to accelerate customer adoption, measure results, and evolve programs to meet AWS' customer needs effectively.
The right candidate will be a passionate technologist, have broad and deep Publishing expertise, and demonstrated go-to-market success. They will have a proven track record of leading complex solutions programs and a good understanding of the Publishing industry ecosystems. They will have specific experience and knowledge of the operations and IT processes in Publishing firms. They will also have deep working knowledge of cloud computing and the related content development and distribution industry platforms used across Publishing workloads.
Role & Responsibilities
• Working backwards from customers, identify solutions themes, portfolio of solution(s) for each solution theme, and AWS value proposition(s) for the Publishing industry.
• Serve as a key member of the WW team to drive AWS market and technical strategy for the Media Publishing industry worldwide.
• Develop go-to-market plan for each solution area; including leveraging AWS field teams, technology and consulting partner channels, and self-service.
• Establish technical credibility in sales cycles (personally or with the broader technical team), and drive discussions with COOs, CIO's, CTOs, CIOs, Chief Data Officers, Senior Developers, etc. from both customers and partners.
• Collaborate with the AWS and partner technical teams to realize solutions, including reference architectures, patterns, automation for one-click deployment, release plan, etc.
• Deploy pilot and scale solutions-led growth programs in the field working with sales enablement, regional business development teams, and account teams.
• Manage solutions-led growth programs, assess performance, pivot and evolve programs based on observed data to improve programs efficacy and performance.
• 10+ years of experience in technology enabled consultative, solutions development, product management, and/or transformation roles in the Publishing industry.
• Experience in cloud computing supporting the Publishing industry.
• Bachelor Degree
• The right person will be highly technical and analytical, and will be capable of understanding the complexities of global publishing enterprise IT environments.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external remote and virtual teams, including sales, product, partner, marketing, business development and tech.
• Passion for Publishing strong understanding of the industry landscape, key business trends and challenges, gained from Business or Technical leadership experience within Media Publishing organization.
• Experience developing content personalization and monetization strategies for Media customers.
• Experience with deploying Media Publishing solutions using AWS services to deliver business outcomes.
• Passion for cloud technologies deep understanding of public and hybrid cloud platforms.
• Technical knowledge of common industry workloads; including databases, networking tools, analytics and data processing systems.
• Technical knowledge of applications, platforms, and data ecosystem, with ability to go deep on technical aspects to understand current and future customer needs and present AWS technical benefits.
• Excellent analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases. Experience using data to illustrate business conclusions.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills. Experience communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple teams.
• Education- an MBA is desired; technical background with Computer Science, and/or Engineering/Math background is highly desired;
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For Colorado: The base pay range for this position in Colorado is $122,300/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Back to top