Workplace, Health & Safety Manager
- Redditch, United Kingdom
At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one; a day to take a first step; a day to look forwards to new challenges; and today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great; a day to make your ideas come to life; and your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon
We are currently looking to hire a Safety Manager to join the team and play a critical role in supporting the EHS function for one of our logistic sites. The successful candidate will be an experienced, innovative, hands-on and customer obsessed individual, passionate about Safety and able to drive strategy to build an engaging safe environment, identify, coordinate and drive improvements in Safety whilst engaging Operational and other Support Function stakeholders.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities include:
• Contributing to the EHS Team to ensure delivery of Safety performance in line with personal, team and functional goals and objectives, facilitating and/or arranging training programs on critical EHS issues
• Supporting the implementation of EHS programs within Operations
• Supporting the site with key risk assessment activities
• Supporting the business to ensure compliance to local and EU legislation
• Ensuring that EHS systems are kept accurate at all time with completed incident reports and all required supporting documentation, with metrics compiled on key data points to help the EHS Manager prepare/issue regular and ad hoc reports and metric documents
• Building strategies to create a safety cultural environment and drive injuries to zero with the construction of incident prevention programs, contributing to site requests to improve on site Safety and positively impact accident trends
• Preparing responses to insurers / solicitors in response to personal injury claims received
• Participating in the EU EHS Safety Audit program
• Coordinating and training of new Safety coordinator team members
• Arranging, facilitating and contributing to Safety Steering Committee meetings
• Arranging and conducting basic surveys and checks in the SC environment, SC processes, Safety supplies and on employee behaviours
• Any other reasonable request
• Has a demonstrable in-depth understanding of essential/relevant EHS legislation and requirements for safety training according to law
• Has NEBOSH Diploma Certificate or equivalent
• Has a Bachelor degree in Health & Safety or equivalent
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.
Back to top