Workforce Manager II
- Tokyo, Japan
How often have you had an opportunity to be an early member of a team that is tasked with solving a huge customer need through disruptive, innovative technology, reinventing an industry?
The Team: We are an internal facing team that is at the core of Amazon's Just Walk Out Technology that powers Amazon Go. Go introduces a new retail shopping paradigm with no lines and no checkout. You simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what you want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go. Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by the same types of technologies used in self-driving cars: computer vision, sensor fusion and deep learning.
We are looking for an exceptional Workforce Planning Manager who is passionate about customer experience, experienced to lead a team of Analysts, focus on driving Operational excellence, carry audits, drive accuracy within team's deliverables, strong communicator and networker to build successful working relationships across worldwide Amazon Go network and has the edge to drive industry standard innovations.
The ideal candidate will provide scheduling guidance across multiple CXQO groups, develop schedule optimization models that enables him/her to manage quantitative planning thereby achieve sites productivity goals, possess analytical background that enables him/her to manage global network planning and execute staffing decisions across in CXQO groups to meet utilization goals, experience a wide range of problem solving situations which are strategic to real-time to identify opportunities for improvement and is able to extensively use data collection for further analysis. Provides optimal workforce and capacity planning solutions for upcoming initiatives and new service launches at sites. Manages analyses of daily, weekly, and monthly reporting of site performance via Key Performance Indicators (Example- Service level). Shares guidance on real-time network over-under status, communicate and create awareness of network capacity review with Operations teams and stakeholders, successfully safeguard SLAs and execute to special events planning, build processes to manage contingency, real-time business domain blending to help business meet its service levels; he/she aids as a resource, advisor and is a close working partner with Operations, functional and other support teams. The successful candidate will also be a principal mentor to Capacity Planning team members, train and onboard new hires, be a problem solver who is comfortable in a fast-paced and multi-tasked environment.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent experiences
• Overall workflow experience of 7- 10 years along with 3-5 years of team management experience
• Proven experience building and analyzing models using various statistical tools for forecasting and optimization
• Experience with at least one or all of these R, SAS, SPSS, or Python along with solid understanding of SQL etc., with experience in data modeling and/or statistical forecasting
• Demonstrated experience and success in Capacity Planning oriented projects in 24/7 operations.
• Demonstrated experience managing site's headcount and short term capacity decisions in multi-channel global 24/7 operations environments
• Experience building and analyzing models using various RDBMS tools for optimization
• Innovative and creative in finding solutions/ designing improved methods, systems and processes
• Ability to substantiate decisions with data points, foresee potential issues, and advocate relentlessly for improvement
• Ability to drive quality, productivity, and process improvements and keep pace with our growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of an extremely customer-focused and metrics driven environment
• Proven experience communicating and influencing across job levels with both internal and external
• Experience with the Workforce Management tools
• Ability to handle business continuity plans
• Flexibility to work in 24*7 environment
• Master's degree in Operations, Business, Analytics or a related field
• Operations Research or Capacity Planning experience is strongly preferred
• Experience with OBIEE, Business Objects, Cognos, Tableau
• Previous experience owning the scheduling of associates in a 24/7 Operations environment
Basic/Working knowledge of Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques
Back to top