Woot - Senior Development Engineer III - Clients and Customer Experience
- Seattle, WA
Woot! is the original daily deals website and continues its longstanding tradition of having people look at our work and say "hey that shouldn't work, what on earth are you doing?" If you're still reading, hopefully it's because you're as ridiculous as we are and want to help us find ways to entertain folks while also giving them new and fun ways of hunting for deals on products at prices that perplex them in a positive way.
We are looking for experienced software engineers to join our team! Do you want to define and implement the next generation of Woot! client software across mobile apps, mobile web, and desktop web? Here is a chance to make a huge impact for Woot! customers, help lead and define best engineering practices for our customer experience team, innovate and invest in our next generation client architectures.
Woot! is growing, and we need engineers who move fast, are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems, and have a strong will to get things done without sacrificing reliability, extensibility and opening new possibilities to serve our customers.
At Woot! you can expect to design flexible and scalable solutions, and work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing by utilizing your skills in data structures, algorithms, and next generation client architectures.
Coming to Woot! gives you the opportunity to work on a small development team with an outsized impact"
What you'll do:
• Tackle large architectural challenges that allow for highly reliable low latency clients to operate at scale with as many reusable components across all supported client platforms.
• Innovate robust testing frameworks to automate integration testing, regression testing, and deployment pipelines designed to increase code and service quality
• Work with Product Managers, Vendor Managers, Research Scientists, Data Engineers, senior leaders, and a host of teams inside Amazon to innovate our Woot! customer experience
• Mentor engineers in the team and help them grow in their technical prowess.
• Evaluate, prototype, and evangelize new tools and high level architecture for the entire Woot.com subsidiary.
• Dodge flying screaming monkeys from time to time.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
• Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Computer Science/related field or equivalent experience
• 6+ years professional experience in software development
• Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals, including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Modern client development frameworks such as React and ReactNative.
• Experience architecting and building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience mentoring software engineers to improve their skills.
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team.
• 8+ years professional experience in software development
• Experience with machine learning, artificial intelligence, and large scale systems.
• Experience with AWS and/or distributed computing, serverless applications, and non-relational data stores.
• Experience building high scale catalog or structured data services.
Back to top