Wireless Survey Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Our wireless support group is looking for a Wireless Survey Engineer with a passion for wireless technology and mobile solutions. We are looking for someone to join the growing team that is responsible for supporting one of the largest and most rapidly growing .11 networks in the world. This position will support our wireless installations in new and existing buildings and involves a heavy travel schedule. As new sites are built, expanded or lifecycled you will use industry standard tools to perform RF surveys, validate installs and work with local teams to remediate issues discovered. When not travelling, you will work with the Wireless Engineering and OpsTech IT Wireless Networks group on audits, support and projects to further the stability and performance of our wireless infrastructure.
Our OpsTech Wireless Networks support team has a broad scope supporting multiple business globally, from the smallest delivery stations in emerging markets to the most advanced automated fulfillment centers in North America, Japan, India and Europe. As a result, this group enjoys a variety of both day-to-day and long-term strategic projects. This is a unique opportunity that will enable you to grow your skills as an engineer and have a lasting impact on Amazon's fulfillment networks for years to come.
• Schedule and travel to sites and perform site wireless surveys.
• Document and publish survey results, work with local IT teams to remediate any defects.
• Troubleshoot networking, routing and interconnectivity issues, including of device and low level interaction.
• Be a part of Global support organization that provides 24x7 escalation support on a rotation basis. Some night and weekend support may be required.
• Drive standards across the and ensure that we are fully compliant to those standards and policies.
• Work closely with our Engineering teams to ensure fast, smooth roll-out of new designs and products.
• Create and review documentation and processes, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material and training for new products.
• Develop and maintain change templates.
• Track and report on low voltage contractor performance.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• Willingness to travel up to 75%.
• Knowledge of RF antenna concepts, and their use in optimizing wireless designs in specialist environments such as warehousing and multiple user locations.
• Experience with survey tools Airmagnet and/or Ekahau.
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or equivalent professional experience.
• 4+ years' experience surveying and supporting mission critical wireless infrastructure.
• In-depth knowledge of .11 protocols and RF fundamentals.
• Experience operating high-density AP and client deployments.
• Cisco CCNA or CCNP-Wireless.
• Comfortable with routing fundamentals and wired networking concepts.
• Understand TCP/IP internals and have experience analyzing packet captures.
• Possess superior technical aptitude and effective written and verbal communications skills.
• Experience in automating network administration using , Perl, or other high-level language.
• Knowledge of AutoCad and experience reading and interpreting site plans.
• In-depth knowledge of .1x, RADIUS, EAP-TLS.
• In-depth knowledge of various vendors roaming algorithms.
Back to top