Wireless Network System Engineer
- Sunnyvale, CA
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
In the Connectivity Solutions Group, we are inventing the future for consumer electronics, connectivity and content delivery. We are looking for a Network Development Engineer to bring our vision into reality. If you love to be hands on from defining system architecture, concept prototyping, and enabling large scale networks while working with a world class, highly accomplished team, we would love to talk with you.
In this role, you will be part of an early stage initiative with a fast paced, highly collaborative start up like environment. You will help in achieving the overall strategy by designing and implementing new features, contributing to the system architecture, and spearheading the best practices that enable a quality product. You will build scalable solutions incorporating cutting edge wireless technologies, smart home devices and cloud services. The ideal candidate is an innovative self-starter who is looking for an opportunity to be an individual contributor and grow into a technical lead.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
• In-depth knowledge of IEEE 802.11 standards including 11n, 11ac, 11ax
• 5+ years of experience in designing and deploying/configuring large scale wireless networks
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• Master's degree in Electrical engineering or related field
• Experience with Wireless link budget, capacity estimations and interference mitigation techniques
• Understanding of Wireless propagation characteristics, MIMO, beamforming etc.
• Working knowledge of characterizing network performance and optimization
• Understanding wired networking concepts (Routing and LAN switching)
• Familiarity with available Wireless solutions on the market and engaging with vendors to identify suitable options
• Excellent judgment, organizational and problem solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
Back to top