OpsTech IT Wireless Reliability Engineering owns delivering software-defined, automated, and incrementally scalable Wireless network infrastructure products that improve the reliability of our wireless services supporting Amazon's fulfillment centers and transportation sites, worldwide. These wireless solutions are used by hundreds of thousands of associates, relied upon by operators of industry-leading fulfillment and transportation systems, and play a critical role in the delivery of shipments to Amazon retail customers.
The Development Engineer will leverage in-depth knowledge of Wireless networking and operational practices to develop the technical strategy used to maintain one of the largest wireless networks globally. The candidate will collaborate with software and teams, FC infrastructure Operations, and Wireless architecture and RF engineering teams to define, build, and automate the future solutions which will enable faster, scalable management, globally. You will develop the standards, metrics, and validate new solutions required to support our complex ecosystems of robotics, mobile devices, end user equipment, and workstations.
Our team has a broad scope supporting multiple business globally, from the smallest delivery stations in emerging markets to the most advanced automated fulfillment centers in North America, Japan, and Europe. As a result, this group enjoys a variety of both tactical and strategic projects. This is a unique opportunity that will enable you to grow your skills as an engineer and have a lasting impact on Amazon's fulfillment networks for years to come.
• Identifying, developing, and delivering technical solutions that improve the Availability of our wireless network technologies.
• Collaborate with peer teams to collectively understand the customer problems and find technological solutions utilizing wired networking technologies.
• Define and meter the availability of our existing and future network solutions, ensuring they meet or exceed the needs of our customers.
• Identify and deliver solutions that reduce operational impact to customers and enable them with scalable, resilient, and cost optimized services.
• Dive deep on complex problems that identify root causes of our customer impacts, developing and delivering corrective actions.
• Evaluating new technologies, lab testing, proof of concept (PoC), run books definition, and pilot deployment.
• Innovate and automate infrastructure testing, deployment, operations, and life cycle management
• Defining future team processes, tools, and projects, which improve how we maintain and manage them effectively, efficiently, and safely.
• Be a part of Global support organization that provides 24x7 escalation support on shift rotation basis. Some night and weekend support may be required.
• Effectively contribute to hiring and developing top talent at Amazon
• Master's Degree in a technology-related field, or 5+ years practical relevant experience in large-scale Wireless networking operations and engineering.
• Excellent knowledge of wireless networking technologies (802.11 & RF)
• Deep understanding of IP network fundamentals and packet capture analysis.
• Excellent analytical skills
• Comfortable working in a UNIX/Linux environment
• Software development experience is highly desired.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Availability to support follow-the-sun shifts and on-call, including weekends/Public holidays.
• Experience designing high-density AP and client deployments
• Expert knowledge of IP networking technologies and concepts, including routing and switching
• Expert knowledge of Cisco/Mist solutions in large scale global deployments
• Mastery automating in Python , Perl, or other languages.
• Basic knowledge of AutoCAD, Air magnet or other site survey software.
• CCIE, CWNE, or equivalent certifications.
• Knowledge of Agile/SCRUM methodologies
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.