Does working hard, making history and having fun resonate with your professional lifestyle?
The mission of the Corporate Infrastructure Team is to deliver robust, highly available, and easy to use services to our internal customers across the global enterprise. A successful Windows Systems Engineer will drive the design and implementation of new services, find ways to improve and automate our existing services, and provide escalation and mentoring for junior team members.
You will have a strong and diverse technical background that allows them to approach any problem with confidence and ingenuity. You must be a "lifelong learner", embracing the rapid innovations in technology and understanding how to leverage them to continue to improve our products. You will be "Customer Obsessed", working closely with our customers to understand their pain points and find resolution quickly and completely.
You will have a keen eye for potential problems and inefficiencies, and the initiative and drive to provide a complete solution to the problem. You must be able to communicate clearly and collaborate with others to deliver results with minimal supervision. This position may require on-call rotations with a one hour response time to site.
***This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
+8 years of experience in installation, configuration and maintenance of at least 5 of the following technologies at an Enterprise level:
• Windows Server 2012/2016/2019
• Active Directory
• Storage (SAN/NAS/hyper-converged/etc)
• Enterprise Monitoring
• Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
• AWS Cloud Technologies
• Microsoft System Center Suite
• Disaster Recovery/Backups
• Vulnerability Management
• Certificate Services\802.1x
• SQL Database Operations
• Strong problem-solving skills, analytical capabilities, and attention to detail Ability to mentor and train junior/new employees
• Excellent communication and documentation skills
• +2 years of practical Microsoft PowerShell scripting experience
• Ability to lift 50lbs of equipment (computers, monitors, etc
• Ability to participate in on-call rotation with one hour response time to site.
• COMPTIA Security + CE, CASP or CISSP certification
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance of TS/SCI with Polygraph
• BA, Computer Science
• AWS Certification related to DevOps/SysOps on AWS
• Advanced knowledge on above listed technologies
• Experience utilizing AWS cloud solutions in a DevOps environment
• Proven track record of building and operating infrastructure as code.
• Ability to plan, organize, and lead large projects
• Excellent cross-group collaboration and communication skill
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are dedicated to supporting our new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.