Windows Systems Engineer
- Arlington, VA
Does working hard, making history and having fun resonate with your professional lifestyle?
System Engineers at Amazon are the backbone of our services. They work on large scale system design and help in our operational decision making. They are both hands-on operators and inventive architects, providing guidance across the organization. They have a strong sense of ownership of the overall health and effectiveness of our services.
The mission of the MVP Corporate Infrastructure Team is to deliver robust, highly available, and easy to use services to our internal customers across the global enterprise. We are looking for an engineer with the ability to demonstrate expertise and a deep-dive understanding of the Windows Operating System; with a focus on automation, high availability and remote managed services. To be successful in this position you must have a strong desire to automate, lead, and be comfortable taking initiative.
The right candidate for this position has a strong and diverse technical background that allows them to approach any problem with confidence and ingenuity. You must be a "lifelong learner", embracing the rapid innovations in technology and understanding how to leverage them to continue to improve our products. They will be "Customer Obsessed", working closely with our customers to understand their pain points and find resolution quickly and completely. They will have a keen eye for potential problems and inefficiencies, and the initiative and drive to provide a complete solution to the problem.
You will be responsible for implementation, monitoring and maintaining the server and client systems that all Amazonians depend on. This role will also likely include capacity planning, project coordination, and providing on-call technical support with a one hour response time to site.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance of TS/SCI with Polygraph
• COMPTIA Security + CE, CASP or CISSP certification
• Ability to lift 50lbs, and a willingness to install/setup equipment.
• 6+ yrs exp in installation, configuration, and maintenance of at least 4 of the following technologies at an Enterprise level: Windows Server 2012/2016/2019; Active Directory; Messaging/Collaboration; Storage (SAN/NAS/Hyper-Converged); Hypervisor/Virtualization; Enterprise Monitoring; Virtual Desktop Infrastructure; AWS Cloud Technologies; Microsoft System Center Suite; Disaster Recovery/Backups; Vulnerability Management; Certificate Services/802.1x; Scripting/Automation; SQL Database Operations
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science; or equivalent, with 6+ years of experience managing a Windows Server 2016/2012 environment; or 8+ years of experience managing a Windows Server 2016/2012 environment in lieu of BS.
• Strong problem-solving skills, analytical capabilities, and attention to detail
• Strong leadership skills; Ability to mentor and train junior and/or new employees
• 2+ yrs exp w/ Microsoft PowerShell scripting
• AWS Certification related to DevOps/SysOps on AWS
• Demonstrable track record dealing w/ ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering measurable results.
• Clear verbal and written communication skills necessary to create and collaborate with others in regards to technical documentation such as Standard Operating Procedures, Runbooks, Job Sheets, etc.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are dedicated to supporting our new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top