Windows Systems Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Does working hard, making history and having fun resonate with your professional lifestyle?
System Engineers at Amazon are the backbone of our services. They work on large scale system design and help in our operational decision making. They are both hands-on operators and inventive architects, providing guidance across the organization. They have a strong sense of ownership of the overall health and effectiveness of our services.
The mission of the MVP Corporate Infrastructure Team is to deliver robust, highly available, and easy to use services to our internal customers across the global enterprise. We are looking for an engineer with the ability to demonstrate expertise and a deep-dive understanding of the Windows Operating System; with a focus on automation, high availability and remote managed services. To be successful in this position you must have a strong desire to automate, lead, and be comfortable taking initiative.
You will be responsible for implementation, monitoring and maintaining the server and client systems that all Amazonians depend on. This role will also likely include capacity planning, project coordination, and providing on-call technical support with a one hour response time to site.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
• 5+ years experience managing an enterprise environment with Windows Server 2016/2012 and Windows 10/7
• 5+ years experience with Active Directory Enterprise Architecture and Group Policy Best Practices
• 5+ years SCCM experience and 7 plus years experience with DNS/DHCP/DFSR
• 5+ years experience with Remote Support Technologies
• 5+ years demonstrated knowledge and skills with one or more of the following:
-Windows Hyper-V Clustering
-Remote Desktop Services
-NIST/CIS Security Benchmarks
-Active Directory Certificate Services
-Public Key Infrastructure
-Microsoft Exchange Services
• 5+ experience automating Windows solutions with VB Script or PowerShell
• COMPTIA Security + CE, CASP or CISSP certification
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance of TS/SCI with Polygraph
• BS and eight years related experience or the equivalent
• Experience with domain migration initiatives, including file share and printer administration.
• Strong leadership skills and a successful track record of driving projects to completion
• Demonstrable track record dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering measurable results in an agile environment
• Clear verbal and written communication skills necessary to create and collaborate with others in regards to technical documentation such as Standard Operating Procedures, Runbooks, Job Sheets, etc.
• Experience with IT Security Vulnerability Management tools such as eEye Retina or Nessus
• Experience with Linux based LDAP solutions
• 1-2 years Administrating Linux-based systems
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are dedicated to supporting our new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top