Windows Systems Engineer
WorkSpaces is leading the cloud desktop revolution and we are looking for systems engineers who knows how to design and maintain high scale web services.
You can find out more about WorkSpaces here: http://aws.amazon.com/workspaces/
We care deeply about the user experience our customers have when they interact with their WorkSpace. This includes how long it takes to launch, how long it takes to log in, and how the in-session interaction feels. We must provide a secure and highly available WorkSpace to meet expectations. The right candidate for this role will be motivated by building the solution and tools to handle these challenges at cloud scale.
System Engineers at Amazon are the backbone of our services. They work on large scale system design and help in our operational decision making. They are both hands on implementers and architects, providing guidance across the organization. They have a strong sense of ownership of the overall health and effectiveness of our services.
The baseline individual for this role will be entirely comfortable with running a web service and understand how to architect large scale solutions, top to bottom. Experience with EC2 and other AWS products, Windows system management, automated quality assurance, automated build process, and software unit testing are major pluses. Significant experience in building and shipping software products or web services in a timely manner is a requirement.
Your responsibilities include:
- Working with business team to understand customer issues and will investigate, prototype and deliver new and innovative system solution
- Operate the Amazon WorkSpaces control plane and data plane to ensure availability and performance for our customers
- Develop scripts for automation of all aspects of systems rollouts
- Troubleshoot, identify, and solve performance issues in the WorkSpaces service
- Roll up your sleeves, get your hands dirty and do what it takes to deliver results
WorkSpaces is changing the way that people use computers - come help us make history!
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 5 years of industry experience managing large scale software application products.
- At least 5 years of Windows knowledge and an understanding of deploying and operating large scale web services on Windows.
- At least 5 years of systems debugging skills and operational response skills
- At least 5 years of shell scripting using PowerShell
- At least 5 years of Windows desktop and related technologies including networking, identity and storage
Applicants must possess and maintain an active Top Secret security clearance (TS) with SCI eligibility. A US Government administered polygraph examination may be required. Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) access is not required to start; however, the applicant selected will be subject to a Single-Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified national security information. Applicants with a current SSBI, SBPR, or PPR, may be eligible for crossover in accordance with ICPG 704.4.
- The ability to learn new technologies to a very deep level very quickly
- Ability to dive deep to understand all layers of a web services technology stack
- Experience with Linux
- Windows OS Debugging skills
- Experience with network captures and network troubleshooting
Experience with other AWS services
For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top