Does working hard, making history and having fun resonate with your professional lifestyle?
The mission of the Corporate Infrastructure Team is to deliver robust, highly available, and easy to use services to our internal customers across the global enterprise. A successful Support Engineer on our team will be customer focused and motivated by both individual and team successes. They will be innovative, energetic, and able to adapt to new processes and procedures quickly while handling a high volume of requests and ambiguity. They will have a keen eye for recognizing inefficiency and show strong initiative to simplify processes for their customers. They will be committed, flexible, and have demonstrated the ability to maintain high levels of productivity with minimal supervision.
***This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph. In compliance with the U.S. government requirement that employees of its contractors, and employees who work on or in connection with U.S government contracts must receive the COVID-19 vaccine, this position may require that the candidate selected be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. A person is considered fully vaccinated by completing the full regimen of the COVID-19 vaccine (two doses for Pfizer or Moderna and one dose for Johnson & Johnson)
This position may require on-call rotations with a one hour response time to site.
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
• +5 years experience directly performing systems administration on Windows Server (2008-2016)
• Able to work in a diverse team
• +5 years experience supporting Active Directory (managing users, groups, group policies)
• +5 years experience automating and supporting desktop operating systems (Win7, Win 10)
• +5 years experience working with network fundamentals. (DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, routing, switching)
• Ability to lift 50lbs of equipment (computers, monitors, etc)
• Ability to participate in on-call rotation with one hour response time to site
• COMPTIA Security + CE, CASP or CISSP certification
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance of TS/SCI with Polygraph
• BA, Computer Science
• Passionate about customers and new technology
• Proven ability to thrive in ambiguous and dynamic work environments
• Track record of independently driving improvements to process, service, or customer experience
• Experience in a customer support environment
• Experience analyzing, troubleshooting, and providing solutions for technical issues
• Experience writing/using PowerShell
• Experience with Clustering, Backup Utilities, Vulnerability Scanners, Routing Protocols, SSH, Network Monitoring / Troubleshooting tools
• Experience supporting MS Exchange, Lync, Skype for Business, SCCM, SCOM
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are dedicated to supporting our new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.