Windows Partner Development Manager - US West Region
Windows Partner Development Manager (Seattle)
Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT industry? Amazon Web Services is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for world class candidates to lead and manage our partnerships with leading systems integrators, interactive agencies, and management consulting firms in North America. Do you have the business savvy and industry expertise necessary to position Amazon as the technology platform of the future? As a Windows Partner Development Manager within Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the exciting opportunity to deliver on our strategy to build mindshare and adoption of Amazon's infrastructure web services (Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, and a host of other Amazon Web Services) across AWS's most strategic business partners and their customers. Your responsibility will be to drive executive and field relationships with leading SI consulting firms on a national scale. By establishing and growing business and technical relationships and managing the day-to-day interactions with this partner, you will be responsible for driving top line Windows revenue growth and overall end customer adoption across all market segments. The ideal candidate will possess a business background that enables them to engage at the CXO level, a sales background that enables them to easily interact with Enterprise customers and sales/field reps and ability to engage with a partner across multiple geographies and within multiple vertical markets to achieve results. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, and to build and convey compelling customer value propositions around running Windows workloads on AWS.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work with a targeted group of regional and multi-regional systems integrator partners to define and execute high impact joint sales and go-to-market programs that promote Windows on AWS.
- Manage and drive joint Windows sales engagements between partners and AWS sales teams.
- Serve as a key member of the Windows Partner Development team in helping to define and deliver the joint solution set and supporting collateral.
- Engage the partner's field sales organization, channels and end customers to create and drive Windows revenue opportunities for AWS.
- Set a strategic business development plan for target markets with assigned Partner management teams, and ensure alignment with the AWS strategic direction.
- Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. service teams, legal, support, etc.).
- Identify specific customer segments and industry verticals to approach with a joint value proposition for using AWS.
- Position AWS for internal use by the partner organization.
- Work closely with the partner's customer base to ensure they are successful using AWS services, making sure they have the technical resources required.
- Ensure that AWS is the partner's preferred cloud computing platform across all product lines.
- Understand the technical requirements of our partners and work closely with the internal development team to guide the direction of our product offerings.
- Prepare targeted communications to AWS and partner teams including field sales, solutions architects, business development and other interested in parties in partner's capabilities and successes.
- Understand and exploit the use of salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
- Prepare and give periodic business reviews to the AWS senior management team.
- Manage complex contract negotiations and serve as a liaison to the legal group.
- Ability to work with AWS partner solution architects to help assigned partners to define go to market solution offerings utilizing the AWS service portfolio.
- The right person will possess 7-10+ years of sales, business development and program management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and influence C-level executives.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences.
- Experience working within the enterprise software development industry is highly desired.
- Prior experience working with Microsoft preferred
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of time to US based partner offices.
- Consistently exceeds quota and key performance metrics.
- Prior experience working with Systems Integrators and Consulting Companies to drive sales.
- Experience working with Microsoft field sales reps and customers
- Experience working with Microsoft Windows solutions preferred.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top