WiFi Software Development Engineer - eero
- San Francisco, CA
WiFi has become a critical component to every home worldwide. eero, an Amazon Company, is the first product to deliver a whole home WiFi experience using mesh technology to make sure you never have to worry about connectivity ever again. We believe customers' deserve the best connectivity and smart home experience possible. To find out more about eero, please visit eero.com.
About the Role:
eero is looking for a highly proficient, hands-on Wifi Software Development Engineer to help define and implement the next chapter of eeros mesh and connectivity experience. You'll work on a newly established team exploring the future of where eero's technologies can go. As part of eero's mission to reinvent wifi, you'll be making a difference in the fabric of the modern home.
Within eero's "Office of the CTO," this team works with a start-up mentality solving complex and varied problems. You'll work closely with cross-functional eero and Amazon colleagues to push the state of the art in home connectivity forward. Those excited to solve complex and ambiguous problems touching many subject matter areas will fit perfectly within the group. Breadth, depth, pragmatism, initiative, and strong ownership are highly valued for this role.
• Enhance the mesh experiences for eero's whole home connectivity products
• Bring up eero's mesh stack on new hardware and vendor platforms
• Work closely with other eero, Amazon, and vendor teams
• Analyze connectivity problems and design complete solutions
• Improve performance through reduction of CPU and memory usage
• Dive deep into embedded system internals
• Drive decisions about testing improvements
• Work with core operating system, mobile and cloud teams to deliver features
• Improve wireless drivers, firmware, hostapd components
• 3+ years of embedded firmware experience
• Experience with Linux Kernel and driver development
• Experience developing software using C
• Knowledge of wireless embedded systems or consumer electronics
• Experience with wireless networking hardware such as routers, switches, wireless access points
• Knowledge of 802.11, 802.3, DHCP, IPv4, IPv6, Linux bridge, and network stack internals
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Computer or Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
• Working experience with Python
• Ability to work independently and within a dynamic team
eero is part of the Amazon group of companies and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top