WHS Design & Startup Program Manager
- Mexico City, Mexico
The WHS Design & Startup Program Manager will be responsible for collaborating with the Launch and Engineering teams to manage the safety deliverables required when opening new Delivery Stations and Sort Centers sites in Mexico. They will execute the new site safety start-up plan to help ensure the site successfully implements our company safety procedures and all applicable local and regional regulations. The WHS Design & Startup Program Manager will coordinate safety start-up functions.
The WHS Design & Startup Program Manager must demonstrate the ability to build trust and confidence with the Design, Engineering, Construction, Startup, Launch and New Site WHS teams. This individual must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing. They will be required to possess excellent safety and relevant environmental and ergonomic knowledge and to demonstrate this expertise when working with Operations, Launch and Engineering teams.
- Manage and monitor the safety start-up plan for all new Amazon Logistics sites in Mexico.
- Ensure Amazon Delivery Stations buildings are designed and built compliant to regulatory and Amazon standards.
- Conduct design composite reviews for compliance with Amazon standards and regulatory Mexico requirements.
- Conduct site safety, health and environmental commissioning inspections. Create and maintain punch lists with relevant teams.
- Perform regular analysis of risk for new build processes and equipment.
- Oversee safety performance metrics and communication related to new build processes and projects.
- Identify the required safety supplies for new site start-up. Assist in the procurement of the safety items. Set-up all site safety supplies onsite as needed.
- Perform regular analysis and risk assessment of new build processes and equipment for site safety improvements and continuous standards improvement.
- Develop safety commissioning lists with relevant teams.
- Set-up new site in all appropriate safety databases.
- Inspect and certify used & installed (Conveyors, Forktrucks, Pallet Jacks, etc) equipment meets Amazon requirements when applicable.
- Schedule applicable Safety training for site Safety team and managers with a local trainer when applicable.
- Develop a positive working relationship with stakeholders involved throughout the project.
- Develop a positive working relationship with local authorities (i.e., Fire Department, STPS, ETC..) where applicable during building processes.
- Project Work for topics relating to the network.
- Maintain communication with Operational directors and General Managers.
- Lead and influence cross functional teams as required to deliver safety centered processes and building designs.
- Review operations and determine the required site safety signage
- 3-5 years of increasing responsibilities in safety and/or commissioning programs in manufacturing, production, engineering/facilities or service operations.
- Familiar with Secretria de Trabajo y Prevision Social (STPS), Proteccion Civil and Secretaria de Salud regulations in Mexico.
- Bachelor's degree in safety, ergonomics, engineering, construction, business administration, or a related field required
- English 100% written and spoken
- Willing to travel, up to 75% of the year.
- Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment.
- Distribution Center or Manufacturing Safety experience with mix of exempt and non-exempt employees at a site of at least 150 people preferred.
- Experience in a fast paced, changing/growing organization.
- Experience in Safety Engineering, Construction Safety, Environmental.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort interfacing with site leaders.
- Ability to develop and implement department goals and strategies.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy.
- Ability to effectively engage and influence other functional leaders and their teams; to build buy in to health and safety strategies and change processes.
Back to top