Have you ever thought about what it takes to detect and prevent fraud among hundreds of millions of e-Commerce transactions in different countries? What would you do to create a trusted marketplace where millions of buyers and sellers can safely transact online? What kinds of processes and systems would you build to maximize customer satisfaction? Amazon is seeking a Sr Workforce Manager who will be responsible for driving service levels, developing strategies for service expansions and optimizing resource utilization/occupancy through innovative ideas.
Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds. This is your chance to make history.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build trust of our customers and sellers. Amazon hires the brightest minds, are you one of them?
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and intelligence driven people. The ideal candidate is expected to operate with significant autonomy and discretion, influences internal & external teams. He/She will possess advanced analytical experience and basic knowledge of workforce management metrics. The individual must be capable to support and own proactive tactical & strategic data anlaysis driven projects to address customer facing challenges and enable program management and decision making initiatives across STAR. In this role you will experience a wide range of challenges and we expect you to approach the problems with swift data driven solutions.
The ideal candidate for this role will be able to:
• Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders and senior management, including confidential and privileged information through advanced data analysis and statistical controls
• Be a visible and vocal role model across the wider business for Amazon's customer-centric culture, championing Seller's needs and using data and technology to anticipate and exceed them.
• Interact with stakeholders at multiple levels and dynamically lead difficult discussions by identifying and analyzing data to isolate issues, develop solutions and prioritize opportunities to improve experience of our customers
• Determine and implement effective program solutions quickly, so as to not impede BAU production, yet run projects/programs in a bubble/pilot environments
• Plan and manage multiple parallel data analysis and develop the next generation of automation tools for monitoring and measuring data quality, with associated user interfaces
• Contribute to evolving the technical direction of STAR analytical systems and play a critical role in the design and development of key programs run by WFM
• Remain flexible to changing priorities, open to new ideas and have seller quality as the top focus.
• Bachelors (BS/BE) in Computer Science or related field
• 4+ years of experience in statistical tools, Big Data, and excellent coding skills in Java, R, Python, C++, or equivalent OOP language
• Understanding of relational and non-relational databases and basic SQL
• Experience with AWS services - S3, Redshift
• Post graduate degree in Science/Engineering or related field
• Proven working knowledge of Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques
• Proficiency with at least one of these scripting languages: Perl / Ruby / shell script
• Has program management expertise