Amazon's aviation transportation network is looking for motivated, customer-focused individuals delivering smiles to Amazon customers every day! As a Weight and Balance Associate, you will be directly responsible for the accuracy of the information provided to Amazon's carriers relating to aircraft loading. This includes aircraft weight and balance calculations, container weights, and fuel load. The Weight and Balance Associate will assign positions for all containerized, palletized, and loose outbound cargo and communicate any concerns to sort and ramp management if adjustments are required. The Weight and Balance Associate will understand weight and balance theory and adhere to the aircraft operator and manufacturer requirements. Applicants are required to successfully pass company Initial and annual recurrent training in areas of Load planning, Weight & Balance, and Security.
Amazon is expanding its operations at Leipzig/Halle Airport. For this purpose, a cargo hall of around 20,000 square meters is to be built in the southern part of the airport site next to the existing World Cargo Center. The aim is to use the new building to improve the operational processes.
• Provides information to management for pre-sort and during sort production meetings. This will include information such as the status of container inventory, planned containers by flight, status of damaged containers or nets, and other special sort-specific load instructions.
• Utilizes IB aircraft and line haul arrival planning systems.
• Ensures unit load devices (ULD) are in airworthy condition and load plan reflects the current container inventory status.
• Verify the required number and sequence for loading and departing ULDs.
• Communicates with Sort Management during the sort to ensure accuracy of container load quality and accuracy.
• Audits the ULD weights on closed containers and communicates discrepancies.
• Monitors real-time actual ULD closed container counts to ensure not to exceed the load plan. Communicates concerns to sort and ramp management if adjustments are required.
• Calculates aircraft weight and balance via approved software package, including entry of planned payload and aircraft type; this includes checks to ensure plans do not exceed compartment limits, lateral imbalance and maximum payload.
• Plans all cargo loading sequences and creates all cargo load sheets.
• Ensures accurate and timely load planning.
• Ensures the accuracy of aircraft loading paperwork to include all required weights, limits and fuel calculations.
• Communicates with Ramp Management to ensure aircraft load accuracy in accordance with the load plan.
• Verifies all containers and container weights are accurately input into the weight & balance system.
• Provides weight and balance and aircraft loading information to air carrier personnel responsible for releasing flight.
• Ability to work a rotating, flexible work schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
• Valid driver's license
• Must be able to pass an airport security clearance
• Proficiency in computer usage, email, MS Office Suite
• Organization skills - able to handle multiple and changing projects/priorities
• Proficient German and good English language skills
• Ability to give and receive feedback effectively
• Ability to prioritize, manage and complete projects with tight deadlines
• Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy
• Desire to thrive in a dynamic, growing environment
Amazon pursues the principle of equal opportunities as an employer. We firmly believe that employing a diverse workforce is a key factor in our success. We make hiring decisions based on your experience and qualifications. We appreciate your enthusiasm for discovering, inventing, simplifying and creating. Amazon takes the protection of your personal information seriously and respects national data protection laws as well as EU data protection legislation. Unless otherwise agreed, by submitting your resume, you allow Amazon's hiring company to store your personal information in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or by a subsidiary for the purpose of determining your suitability for this and future positions offered and to track your application process. If you wish to have your personal information deleted, you may notify the hiring company at any time. Amazon will not pass on your data to third parties without your prior consent. As part of the interview process with Amazon, you may be asked to allow Amazon to allow the hiring company to have your application data and resume reviewed separately by a third-party provider.