Web Development Engineer – New Core Dev Tools UX
We're setting out to remove the barriers for developers building applications on AWS, and we're doing it by creating first-in-class user experiences around the tools customers use to manage, build, and ship their code on AWS. The AWS Developers Tools team is looking for passionate web developers to grow and shape the Developer Tools suite (CodeCommit, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline) on AWS, and build a brand-new experience to make shipping code fast, simple, and painless. The team is early in its development, and needs passionate engineers to define and refine what it means to build developer experiences at Amazon scale.
- 4+ years of experience of developing web-based user interfaces
- Experience translating design mockups and prototypes into working applications
- Demonstrated passion for user experience and improving usability
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-directed and capable of quickly shipping code in a dynamic environment
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Knowledge of the latest web styling frameworks and interest in user interface design
- Knowledge of the latest developer tools across the software development workflow (coding, building, deployment, operations, task tracking, real-time communication)
- Experience with conducting A/B Testing, usability studies, and performance tuning
- Experience with distributed environments
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top