Web Development Engineer
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a passionate, experienced Web Developer Engineer to join the Amazon ECS team and help to solve a challenging set of problems in a space packed full of opportunities. We are starting a new effort within ECS that is focused on enabling powerful user experiences that make it easy for customers to focus on their work and avoid the complexity of infrastructure management. In this role you will work with other engineers, web developers, product managers, and UX designers to conceptualize and create responsive and usable web interfaces.
Creating the perfect user experience in the web environment requires a blend of technical knowledge, customer obsession and agility. You should be somebody who is interested in how the various components (browsers, networks, protocols and web servers) work together, and understand how they can be effectively used together to create great user experiences. You will work closely with customers to ensure we are delivering interfaces that make it easy to do complex tasks without making the experience challenging. You will be part of a small, fast moving team that will have a huge impact on the overall ECS business. We are making history by defining the Cloud Computing User Experience for millions of people worldwide. If employing your skills at scale, and working in a dynamic and delivery focused environment interests you, this is the perfect role.
- At least a four year degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent.
- · 2+ years of professional experience developing web interfaces and experiences.
- Working knowledge of relational databases and back-end programming.
- · Strong customer focus.
- · Analysis and design of new features and interfaces for the web.
- · Optimizing current products to improve its performance and usability.
- · Support, troubleshooting and resolving of critical issues in production.
- · Working with a team, to achieve the ultimate user experience.
- · Analyzing application and user metrics to define our team strategy.
- · 4+ years of industry experience in a software development environment.
- · Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design.
- · Computer Science fundamentals in data structures.
- · Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- · Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C++, C#, Java, Python or Ruby.
- · Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals.
- · Expertise in delivering high-quality, innovative applications.
- · Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving abilities.
- · Strong desire to build, sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- · Excellent written and verbal communication.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top