Web Development Engineer - AWS Mobile Hub
Would you like to enable mobile app developers to create the next generation of cloud-connected mobile apps? Would you like to help mobile app developers unleash the power of Amazon Web Services to make their mobile apps highly scalable, available, capable, and secure?
Features like Natural Language Processing, User Engagement Analytics, Targeted Push Notifications, Cloud Storage for Files and NoSQL Databases, and Serverless Business Logic are quickly expanding the toolset for mobile app developers, allowing our customers to build powerful new innovative end-user experiences in their mobile apps. We make enabling these capabilities seamless with a simple yet powerful user interface and a core service that automates much of the heavy lifting.
We started as a small team and built an initial suite of services which are currently being used by thousands of developers and tens of thousands of mobile apps. Now we need to grow in order to meet demand for our services and to build new features for our users. We have exciting new projects that will continue to simplify and speed the creation and management of cloud-enabled apps. This is a unique opportunity to join a team that is working to change the mobile industry.
We are looking for a senior Web Developer to lead the creation of an innovative new UX as we move Mobile Hub to the next level. This role offers wide scope, autonomy, ownership, and the opportunity to be at the forefront of the AWS Management console design. You'll have a seat at the table and will be counted on to be an influential voice in decisions related to system architecture, feature development, and product strategy. We have an ambitious mission requiring an engineer with great judgment and a track record of building great customer experiences.
The ideal candidate should have deep end-to-end web application knowledge, thrive in a fast-paced environment and have experience optimizing client-side performance. You should not only have a solid background in the fundamentals of software development, but also love to use the best of breed technologies and techniques and be comfortable using Agile development practices.
As a member of the team, you will:
- Work closely with the product team and other AWS teams to deliver on the team's technical vision
- Influence technical strategy to build products developers will love
- Drive team discussions on system architecture and component design
- Lead development and launch of core features and products
- Participate in all stages of the software development cycle, including design and development of significant new architectures and features
- Participate in estimation and sprint planning
- Mentor junior team members
- Conduct interviews and help hire great talent for the team
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline, and / or
- Strong UX skills and sound knowledge of UX best practices with the ability to incorporate them into solutions
- Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Eagerness to adopt a lead role in mentoring and developing others
- Exceptional problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with React and ES6
- Appetite and enthusiasm to work with new technologies
- Keen interest in staying current with the latest trends and techniques in the industry
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
- AWS product experience and development using the AWS platform
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top