Web Development Engineer - AWS Issue Management
Our organization owns and builds the in-house software platforms, web services and web apps that Amazon/AWS use to collaborate on, monitor, engage and manage all of the software incidents, agile delivery, projects, programs, and general business processes across the entire company. These tools/applications are used by more than 90,000 unique internal users every day across the entire company: from a fulfillment center worker checking on a product in a warehouse to an on-call software engineer responding to an AWS problem. Our applications are acknowledged to be in the top critical business apps used internally within Amazon. We are passionate about creating meaningful and delightful user experiences for our customers.
You are an experienced, self-directed Web Development Engineer, are as passionate about creating compelling experiences for customers as we are and have great judgment and a track record of building great customer experiences.
You are also a leader and mentor junior engineers to develop the right solution to delight the customers with the right technologies.
You have proven expertise in modern frameworks like Angular or React and strive to build highly responsive, intuitive and sleek experiences for customers. You know about the nuances, pitfalls and strengths of the web-app development frameworks and associated best practices. You're determined to find the right approach even if it's not your own. You believe in agile development, quick prototypes and strive to see your work in action. You believe that web development is the perfect concoction of creativity, art and computer science.
Finally, you are excited at the idea of delivering Amazon wide impact (because that's exactly what we're offering)!
You will be a key member of our team and will lead the design for the next generating ticketing platform at Amazon. Your role offers wide scope, autonomy, and ownership. You'll be counted on to be an influential voice in decisions related to system architecture, feature development, and product strategy.
- 5+ years of experience of developing web-based user interfaces
- Expertise in translating design mockups and prototypes into working applications
- Demonstrated passion for user experience and improving usability
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-directed and capable of quickly shipping code in a dynamic environment
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Knowledge of the latest web styling frameworks and interest in user interface design
- Knowledge of the latest developer tools across the software development workflow (coding, building, deployment, operations, task tracking, real-time communication)
- Experience with conducting A/B Testing, usability studies, and performance tuning
- Experience with distributed environment
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top