Web Development Engineer - Angular JS, Full Stack Development, Platform Team, High Throughput
We are looking to hire a Web Development Engineer to work on the front-end applications responsible for driving billions of notifications a year to Amazon customers. In the few seconds that it took for you to to load this page and read this sentence, Amazon sent 100,000 customer notifications. By the time you'll finish reading the rest of this description that number will be well over a million.
As a Web Development Engineer on the Outbound Messaging Platform, you'll be expected to have a strong web development skill set and a passion for building robust software. In building applications you will need to account for the scale of Amazon while maintaining a high quality user experience.
Our front-end applications are built with AngularJS and Bootstrap, and we offer our developers the opportunity to work full stack if they feel comfortable doing so. We expect developers on the team to keep innovating by bringing in new technologies to improve our software and keep our stack current. In additional you will be encouraged to be passionate about not just your direct work but the software community as a whole.
Being a part of our team comes with the undying love and devotion of the multiple dogs that roam our team area, access to a closet full of your favorite snacks, and a drink fridge. You will also have the opportunity on a monthly basis to come to Board Game Night, where you can release all work related stress by demolishing your coworkers while playing a large variety of strategy based board games.
Our team is an agile, fast-moving team looking to expand the world's best customer notification platform. To do so, we are looking for truly exceptional developers.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Must be a self-starter and motivated
- Must like awesome dogs
- Experience in a Unix/Linux environment
- Experience in HTML, Java script, and CSS
- Familiarity with AngularJS or Backbone is a plus
- Experience developing AJAX interfaces with AJAX libraries and frameworks (e.g. JQuery, AngularJS, Backbone etc.), particularly AngularJS
- Degree preferably in computer science or a similar technical discipline
- Genuinely excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies and building compelling web applications and UI
- An appreciation for board games
Amazon is an equal-opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top