Web Development Engineer (Alexa Machine Learning)
Interested in Amazon Echo? We're building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. Come join us!
The Applied Modeling and Data Science team is seeking a talented, self-directed Web Development Engineer to design and build customer experiences. She or he will lead the technical design and implementation of a new service that will improve data discoverability across Alexa and Amazon. She or he should be driven to provide inventive, simple solutions to complex problems and have a passion for language and language data.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of software product development experience
- Experience designing, developing, and operating software.
- Experience as a member of a UI design team participating in the complete product development lifecycle of successfully launched applications
- Experience with SQL.
- Experience in coding practices including peer code reviews and unit testing.
- Comfortable working with text in multiple languages.
- Knowledge of one or more non-English languages.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Coursework in computational linguistics or a related field.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top