Web Development Engineer
Interested in Amazon Alexa, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence? We're building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Alexa and other Amazon products and services. Come join us!
The Applied Modeling and Data Science team is dedicated to providing data-driven insights to guide continuous improvements to the Alexa customer experience. To help us accomplish that, we are pioneering new internal tools through an iterative research and development process. These tools will accelerate and streamline our views into the performance of Alexa Machine Learning initiatives. You will work on a small, cross-functional team to understand the needs of internal data customers and develop innovative solutions that have the potential to be adopted across the Alexa data ecosystem.
Our team is looking for a Web Development Engineer with experience quickly iterating on front-end interfaces and a working knowledge of back-end data handling. You are someone who thrives in fast-paced environment where problems are not always crisply defined and the challenges offer unlimited potential for innovation. You are a self-starter who can dive into a project with limited guidance and are as passionate about creating compelling experiences for customers as we are. You know about and continually want to learn about modern frameworks like Angular or React and strive to build highly responsive, intuitive and sleek experiences for customers. You can provide technical leadership to the team and you understand the nuances, pitfalls and strengths of the various web-app development frameworks and associated best practices. You're determined to find the right approach even if it's not your own. You believe in agile development, quick prototypes and strive to see your work in action. You believe that web development is the perfect concoction of creativity, art and computer science.
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years of experience developing web-based user interfaces
- Demonstrated passion for user experience and improving usability
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment and to learn new frameworks/stacks
- Self-directed and capable of quickly shipping code in a dynamic environment
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, unit testing, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience translating design mockups, prototypes and user stories into working applications
- Understanding of web services technologies such as REST, SOAP, HTTP, JSON
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency, and drive
- Experience in development best practices including Agile development, peer code reviews and unit testing.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top