A Senior VX Designer uses a high level of expertise to deliver and encourage stunning visual and interactive designs to meet client briefs and expectations.
Working with authority and professionalism, they will own medium to large campaigns while delegating smaller tasks and offering feedback to team members, ensuring the high quality of the design work and displaying the expertise that has gone into the project.
Developing the team's design capability through leadership and high level of craft, the aim is to set our campaigns apart from those of competitors while leveraging what's unique to Amazon. The fullest understanding of graphic design, typography and digital standards is as essential as the experience to execute projects of all sizes, and complete them with resourcefulness and dedication.
A Senior VX Designer is an important contact point in ADX, so they can expect to be offering advice and sharing knowledge with colleagues.
- Oversee simultaneous projects from inception to completion, reviewing project plans, designs, and deliverables within a wide spectrum of experiences for brands in various stages of growth.
- Meticulous attention to detail. Maintaining high standards and ensuring only the best work is released to the client.
- Comfortable collaborating with multiple stakeholders and across disciplines.
- Drive internal and client work-sessions, strong presentation skills and written skills, able to provide clear design rationale. Understanding of strategy and briefs, capable of writing and developing briefs.
- Work with project managers to ensure timelines, resources and budget allocations can meet project scope.
- Full scope of influence over team/region. Collaborate with different disciplines within the studio and able to delegate. Cross-team impact/influencing other stakeholders and representing the team. Capable of story-telling; casting vision; learning from results.
- Understand the complexities, dependencies and opportunities beyond our immediate team.
- Understand the AMG platform and how to sell it, work within the existing framework as well as push new functionalities.
- Create ideas and executions that can become scalable executions (and revenue streams) in the future.
- Articulate and defend design decisions to internal and external mid to upper leadership.
- Provide design-mentorship to younger designers by exposing them to new challenges. Encouraging others to share and explore their ideas.
- The foresight to put themselves in the shoes of the user. Approach design problems conceptually, with a constant desire to innovate.
- Review market developments and industry trends and identify potential opportunities for Amazon Advertising.
- 8+ years of digital advertising industry experience.
- Portfolio of work for national or global clients, medium to large project experience.
- Exceptional visual skills that demonstrate the ability to create campaign content that attracts, retains, and grows an audience.
- Proven ability to work cross-team and synthesize feedback and input from marketing, product management, sales, market research, internal and external partners.
- Solid written/verbal communication and collaborative skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time to make aggressive deadlines.
- Self-starter who is a customer-obsessed, detail-oriented, and enthusiastic team player.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top