VP, Global Field & Partner Marketing, AWS
- Seattle, WA
VP, Global Field & Partner Marketing.
Amazon is seeking a Vice President of Field and Partner Marketing to support our Amazon Web Services (AWS) business. AWS is the world's leading cloud provider and has the most comprehensive and broadly adopted portfolio of cloud services. We have the most functionality, the largest and most vibrant community of customers and partners, and the most proven operational and security expertise. AWS continually innovates and is equipped to support virtually any cloud workload. The business has more than 180+ fully featured services, including compute, storage, databases, networking, analytics, robotics, machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT), mobile, security, hybrid, virtual and augmented reality (VR and AR), media, application development, deployment, and management. In the past year alone, we have launched more than 2,000 new services and features. Millions of customersincluding the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agenciesare using AWS to lower costs, become more agile, and innovate faster.
As the VP of Field & Partner marketing, the leader's dynamic and progressive approach will drive initiatives that impact the growth of the AWS business. This role reports directly to the VP of Worldwide Marketing for AWS, and is responsible for driving awareness and adoption of AWS across all regions.
This leader be accountable for defining the field and partner marketing strategy and driving regional marketing programs to grow and convert sales pipeline and revenue. This role will lead a team of marketing directors that develop and run campaigns and programs to generate quality leads, move prospects through the sales cycle, build deeper customer relationships, and grow customer usage. The person in this role works collaboratively with sales leadership, business development, product marketing and other marketing teams to strategically design and execute marketing initiatives, both directly and with/through APN Partners.
The ideal candidate will have experience with vertical, account-based, executive audience and partner marketing for technology products/services. The right candidate will have combination of creativity and analytical skills and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Define marketing strategies and programs that build awareness, acquire net new accounts, and increase customer usage across all sales segments: Enterprise, SMB, Startups.
- Work closely with sales leadership and sales operations to identify and track joint goals around funnel leads, pipeline revenue, sales opportunities, and conversion.
- Build scalable, repeatable marketing programs that have broad, but targeted reach.
- Continually experiment and introduce new approaches to marketing to that engage customers and prospects in innovative ways.
- Evaluate and optimize iteratively based on business priorities and customer behavior and needs.
- Track, measure, and analyze the performance of marketing campaigns and report results to sales and marketing leadership.
- Hire, motivate, and lead a high-performing team globally using the Amazon Leadership Principles as guideposts by developing and coaching existing teams and retaining top-tier talent, as well as driving recruiting efforts.
- Exhibit in words and action a passion for inclusion, diversity and equity. Be not only an active participant, but a leader on Amazon's ID&E initiatives.
- 20+ years of relevant marketing experience, plus experience marketing B2B technology products or services.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, technology, or relevant field of study.
- Strong team player and leader with the ability to influence, work cross functionally, build relationships with key stakeholders and thrive in highly collaborative and fast paced environments.
- Problem-solver with strong analytical skills, strategic thinking, business acumen and the ability to find creative ways to optimize performance.
- Proven track record of leading high performing teams that create and execute field and partner marketing programs.
- Demonstrated experience working with sales leadership and sales teams in driving pipeline and revenue.
- Proven success managing complex and multi-faceted marketing programs with the ability to drive projects through completion.
- Adept at making resources allocation decisions and tradeoffs to make the appropriate long term strategic investments while maintaining the short-term delivery of results.
- A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and proven success delivering measurable marketing results.
- Proven knowledge of lead flow process and sales and marketing automation tools, such as SFDC and Marketo.
- Willingness to travel and ability to work independently and autonomously
- Outstanding communications skills written and verbal.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Interested in building teams, programs, processes.
- Not afraid to try new things driven to constantly improve results.
- Ability to manage time and juggle multiple priorities to execute high quality deliverables
Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail.
Experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization.
MBA or advanced degree
Back to top