VMEX Area Manager
- Cuautitlán Izcalli, Mexico
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people.
Amazon is seeking for Area Manager for our Fulfillment Center (FC) in Mexico. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
Four key areas that you'll always focus on are the safety, quality, customer experience, and productivity of your department.
• Review the work forecasts and determine your productivity requirements to produce during the day to meet the overall building objectives
• Partner with other Area Managers to balance labor ensuring that you are operating a balanced and efficient shift while meeting all of your goals
• Support all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all associates
• Proactively identify and lead process improvement initiatives and Lean tools
You and your team of warehouse associates are responsible for getting Amazon customers their orders. You are responsible for ensuring that you have properly trained people, and that their needs are addressed so they can focus on their jobs.
In addition, one of the most important aspects of your job is to lead change at internet speed......innovation has made us the global company that we are today.
Additional Job Elements:
• Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
• Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency with or without reasonable accommodation; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
• Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Should be able to work in environments with variable noise levels, lighting conditions and temperature variation
• Able to access all areas of building with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Being flexible to work weekends and/or overnight shifts regularly
• A completed Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or 2+ years Amazon experience
• 3+ years management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment
• Direct management experience for employees and their performance
• Experience with performance metrics and process improvement (how, when, who)
• Candidates must be flexible to work weekends and/or overnight shifts regularly
• Fully bilingual (proficient Spanish and English communication, both spoken and written).
• Degree in Engineering, Operations or related field is a plus
• Management of a minimum of 15 employees (including payroll, performance management, work-flow assignment)
• Interest in long-term career development through assignments in multiple FCs across the nation.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discrim1151946inate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Back to top