Are you passionate about designing and building tools and software that enable organizations to scale rapidly while delivering great value to customers? Join a multidisciplinary team of extraordinary UX designers and technologists within Amazon. We are equal parts thinkers and doers, analysts and artists, designers and customers.
The Amazon Device & Services Design Group seeks a thoughtful, creative, and motivated Visual Quality Assurance Engineer to design and develop tools that enable the organization to scale and automate processes to make visual testing more efficient. You will apply your knowledge of quality assurance, test automation, existing frameworks, and best practices across numerous applications, platforms and devices to ensure visual fidelity at scale.
You are customer-obsessed, detail-oriented, and comfortable performing a technical role within a design studio environment. You have experience working on consumer-facing software built using design systems and understand how to validate adherence to design patterns. You know the strengths and weaknesses of industry-leading tools for visual test automation, but can write your own if necessary.
The ideal candidate is passionate about both user-experience and front-end development and has developed a strong eye for catching differences between what is expected and what is produced. They understand the importance of motion to create a polished UX and have strategies for validating motion excellence. They excel in ambiguous problem spaces and propose solutions with clarity, moving programs forward. They are an excellent communicator, both with technical and non-technical audiences. They have demonstrated experience across multiple platforms, including Android, iOS, React Native and Web.
• Build and maintain visual automation test suites across numerous platforms and devices
• Develop software and mechanisms to support visual validation performed by Visual QA Production Designers
• Develop mechanisms for evaluation motion performance
• Develop/deploy monitoring dashboards to surface health of products and status of running tests
• Build and maintain a mobile device lab, supporting remote test automation
• Bachelor's/Master's degree in Computer Science or related design discipline.
• 3-5+ years of experience as a quality assurance or software development engineer, preferably supporting consumer-facing software experiences
• Android mobile application testing: 1 year (required)
• Strong hands-on experience creating test plans and test use cases using tools such as Appium, Puppeteer, Selenium, etc.
• Knowledge of design and prototyping tools (e.g. Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite)
• Experience writing visual automation tests across numerous platforms, including Android, iOS, React Native, and web.
• Success applying ML techniques to visual validation
• Success creating tools/processes to validation motion fluidity and fidelity
• Experience managing physical or virtual devices labs
• Excellent people, project, and time management skills to perform as a project leader or individual contributor in a collaborative team environment
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Proven ability to innovate within and extend current technology through prototypes
• Willingness to work with and advance internal authoring tools
• Passion for pixel perfection
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.