(Virtual) Senior Software Development Engineer SDE - FinTech
- Seattle, WA
Are you looking for an opportunity that will help revolutionize the way big data sets are cataloged, discovered and searched for one of the world's largest financial data systems? Are you interested in innovating and building platforms that use machine learning to identify anomalies and provide insights across billions of financial transactions? Does the prospect of working with top engineering talent get you charged up? If so, Amazon Finance Technology (FinTech) is for you!
Whether you buy something from amazon.com or watch a show on Amazon Prime, any of these business transactions get converted into multiple financial events. Our teams in FinTech ingest, transform and integrate these events to produce insights for Finance and Accounting to make business decisions and close books. We are currently working on a brand-new initiative to create a centralized enterprise data repository and self-service discovery platform that will unify finance data across all of Amazon's business systems. This platform will also help us build advanced analytics and machine learning capabilities to address our current and future use cases. Our customers include Amazon's internal and external financial community across the globe.
This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned engineer. In this position, you will play a leading role in the architecture, design, implementation and deployment of large-scale and complex big data applications. You will push your design and architecture limits by inventing and simplifying complex problems. You have strong verbal and written communication skills, are self-motivated, and can deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment. You will work with Amazon engineering and business teams across the globe in planning, designing, executing and implementing this new platform.
This is a brand-new platform we are building. We are currently in the stage of defining the architecture and high-level design. So, this is your chance to build this platform from scratch.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years of software development experience with Java, Python, Ruby, or C#/C++
• Experience with Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) and/or Design (OOD)
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, problem solving and complexity analysis
• Expertise in Java
• Experience with large scale distributed systems
• Experience with Amazon Web Services
• Experience with Hadoop ecosystem
• Experience building complex, highly scalable software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with Agile software development in a UNIX/Linux environment
Back to top