Video Producer - Events
IMDb is the world's most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV and celebrity content, with an audience of more than 250 million unique monthly visitors across its website and mobile apps. We sit at the intersection of the entertainment, media, and technology industries inside Amazon, the world's most innovative and consumer-centric company.
IMDb is looking for a talented and experienced video producer to focus on event coverage (including significant on-location and live production), branded content, and other formats. The ideal candidate will be a highly creative, entertainment-obsessed, digital native, and they will have a broad background in video production that enables them to fill a variety of roles as needs dictate on a project-by-project basis, potentially including writing, directing, and light editing. This position will require a deep understanding of the interests of digital entertainment audiences, production of various program types, and an understanding of how production resources impact creative outcomes.
- Develop, research, write, and rapidly execute short-form video concepts related to movies and TV
- Help plan and produce large-scale event coverage, both live and VOD
- Produce segments and remote shoots
- Produce branded video content, beginning at concept stage through execution.
- Write host copy and prep talent; occasionally provide on-camera hosting or voice-over
- Reach out to industry contacts to book talent and generate coverage opportunities
- Work closely with editors / graphics team during postproduction
- Coordinate and collaborate effectively with IMDb production, editorial, events, marketing, PR, distribution, sponsorship, and product teams, to ensure the success of original videos
- Monitor entertainment video content and industry trends to effectively position IMDb jn the marketplace.
- 5+ years hands-on experience producing original, entertainment-related video content for digital audiences, including significant writing experience
- Proven ability to generate original short-form video concepts and lead successful execution on short timelines
- On-location production experience
- Branded video experience
- Network of contacts in production and production related services, and a demonstrated ability to recruit, book, and effectively work with talent
- Management of budgets and calendars
- Experience working with high-profile talent on or off camera
- A passion for, and deep knowledge of, movies, TV, and digital content
- Superior written and oral business communications skills, with the ability to comfortably and professionally interact with colleagues at all levels
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work on multiple deadlines at once
- Level headed; cool under pressure
- B.A. or B.S. degree
- Live production experience
- Television experience (in addition to digital) is a plus
- Experience writing / producing for some of the following categories: comedy, news, talk shows, documentaries, reality shows, game shows.
- Management of contract/freelance staffers
- Familiarity with Adobe CC Suite
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top