Venture Capital Business Development Manager, FinTech
Would you like to build and manage relationships with venture capital firms, accelerators and incubators that are funding the next generation of FinTech startups, influencing decision making towards utilizing Amazon Web Services as the basis for their portfolio companies' infrastructure, and helping to ensure that the best FinTech startups in the U.S. are building their solutions on AWS? Do you have the business savvy, the technical insight, relationship development skills and the background necessary to establish credibility and earn trust within the FinTech startup/VC ecosystem and to help further establish AWS as the leading cloud computing platform in the FinTech sector?
As a business development manager within AWS, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon's cloud computing platform within the startup ecosystem, with an emphasis on startups within the FinTech sector. Your responsibilities will include identifying appropriate VCs and other FinTech startup influencers to target, driving the necessary business, strategic and technical relationships with the VC and their portfolio companies to establish new business in those accounts, and working closely with the AWS sales, Marketing and FinServ BD teams to drive messaging and engagement with the portfolio companies in order to build long-term business opportunity.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the General Partner/CxO/VP level, as well as a technical background that enables them to comfortable and effectively interact with CTOs, software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A builder mentality and a keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the Startup Business Development team in helping to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy with the startup ecosystem, with an emphasis on the FinTech sector.
- Build and manage relationships with the FinTech VC, accelerator and incubator community to educate VCs on how AWS can enable their portfolio companies to develop and test new ideas and run critical business applications on the AWS cloud platform.
- Work closely with VCs and their portfolio companies to ensure the portfolio companies are successfully using the AWS platform, making sure they have the technical and business resources required for a great customer experience, and identifying additional opportunities for their portfolio companies to more deeply engage with AWS and other relevant Amazon business units.
- Execute the strategic business development plan while working closely with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, platform business development, product management, marketing, legal, support, etc.).
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to establishing new engagements.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market
- Deep experience and knowledge within the FinTech startup and venture capital ecosystem
- Technical and analytical, possessing 10+ years of business development, technical sales, or program/product management experience.
- Some relevant business level technical knowledge is required, such as: database systems, core distributed computing concepts, fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, storage systems, content delivery networks (CDNs) etc. with ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to differentiate between varied AWS services
- Experience working within the technology industry is highly desired
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
- Degree required
- Experience with account management, relationship management, business development and solution selling
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- MBA or equivalent executive level experience
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top