- Seattle, WA
Amazon is looking for a talented Vendor Manager to join the Tools team. The Vendor Manager will work with highly strategic vendors to drive a large business towards the next phase of growth and will own all aspects of their business. He/she will use data to identify any operational, logistical or business issues, negotiate on Amazon's behalf and cultivate key brands for further growth. The successful VM will build strong relationships with senior stakeholders, drive significant top and bottom line results, and manage multiple responsibilities within a fast-paced environment. The candidate must also possess strong acumen and be comfortable drawing metric-based conclusions by managing an extensive amount of data. This person needs to have a deep curiosity about how things work, and a passion for creating a world class shopping experience for our customers.
In addition, the Vendor Manager must have strong influencing and communicator skills so as to work effectively with Amazon internal groups such as in-stock management, site merchandising, advertising, finance, operations, and retail systems. The successful candidate should be able to define and drive long-term objectives and strategy for the business. He/she will be responsible for managing comprehensive selection across multiple large brands, developing collaborative marketing and promotions, and driving sales and margin improvements. Proven project management skills, attention to detail, negotiation skills and organizational skills are musts.
• Bachelor Degree
• Buying/planning, operations, or finance background
• Technical aptitude and agility to learn web-based tools
• Experience with business analysis and expertise in Excel.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects - prioritization, planning and task delegation
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results - self-starter and self-directed
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills - verbal, written, and presentation
• Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
• Good organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
• A willingness to roll up sleeves to get things done
• Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
• Advanced experience with Excel, or other analytical/Business Intelligence tools
• Strong analytical skills
Back to top