- Prague, Czech Republic
The Amazon Payroll team within Amazon Finance Operations (FinOps) is a fast-paced, team-focused, dynamic environment. Our mission is to pay employees accurately and on time every time, while keeping our costs controlled and complying with all regulatory requirements. The Amazon Payroll team is looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, exceptional relationship manager with outstanding analytical, negotiation and project skills to join our Vendor Management team.
The Payroll Vendor Manager, EMEA, is responsible for the payroll vendor selection, relationships and vendor management in some or all countries in EMEA. This position will help oversee the performance of payroll service providers (vendors) and keep all agreements current. The incumbent is required to build strong relationships with Legal, Finance Operations, Tech, Compliance, HR and regional payroll operations teams.
This broad role is a not only a relationship management role with up to 30% international travel it also focuses on Operational Excellence by partnering with Lean Six Sigma Black Belt team members to support continuous improvement of Amazon processes, aligning them with customer requirements, and delivering positive impacts in controllership, quality and cost savings. This role may expand beyond the payroll space to support internal partners in FinOps and HR as needed. This position will initially have no direct reports.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Managing payroll vendor selection, working independently on small/medium countries and supporting larger countries.
• Driving need based market research activities.
• Negotiating and maintaining new and existing vendor contracts ensuring reduction of cost per payslip and alignment with Amazon's compliance and control requirements. Working independently on small/medium complex negotiations and supporting larger complex negotiations.
• Cultivate and maintain relationships with vendors by communicating with them frequently to answer questions and check their satisfaction levels.
• Analyze and develop vendor performance data to support vendor governance.
• Analyzing vendor cost and driving cost improvement for multiple countries, monitoring monthly spending patterns and identifying exceptions and areas for potential improvement.
• Provides input to management to inform longer-term, global, vendor strategy.
• Deep diving customer pain points in a country and making recommendations for scalable solutions.
• Responding to escalations in a timely manner.
• Promoting Amazon culture in vendors to align principles, mindset and delivery.
• Supporting continued development of materials, techniques, and metrics to identify opportunities to improve VM tools, systems, and processes.
• Building and maintaining knowledge management tools such as wikis and shared drives.
• 3+ years relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Exceptional attention to documenting, monitoring and modification of fine detail within contracts or similar documentation and day to day activities.
• Strong written and verbal communication.
• Strong communication skills including the ability to interact with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
• Negotiation skills, including the ability to effectively negotiate purchases.
• The ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple initiatives in a fast paced environment as well as great stakeholder management skills.
• Solid working knowledge of Word, Excel and SharePoint.
• Ability to effectively negotiate purchases.
• Project Management experience managing transformational projects.
• Experience in Human Resources Operations and/or Payroll Service Delivery management, procurement or account management or related roles.
• Demonstrated experience in contracts.
• Ability to communicate cross functionally at all levels and influence both internal and external partners/stakeholders.
• Contract experience including creating and negotiating work orders and master services agreements for multinational companies within the EMEA region.
• Experience in a procurement and/or business finance related role requiring negotiation and presentation skills.
• International business experience.
• Payroll knowledge is preferred, but not required to be successful in the role.
• Change Management experience including the ability to work with improvement team sponsors to address barriers to a team's success.
Back to top