Vendor Manager, Amazon Turkey
- Seattle, WA
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online across the globe, this is your chance to make history. Amazon has a long record of growth and success in non-US geographies. Since launching its first European websites in 1998, Amazon has grown into a global leader in e-commerce, with customer-facing websites selling physical goods in five European countries, plus Japan, China, India, Canada, Mexico, Brazil and Australia. Amazon also manages a substantial cross-border business, serving customers in more than 100 countries every month with exports from our current websites.
Amazon Retail team is looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working, and creative candidate to join our product categories. The Vendor Manager develops skills and works across all functional retail areas to grow and improve their partner vendors' success at Amazon. The Vendor Manager possesses a complete understanding of internal and external variables that impact the business (this entails owning forecasting, monitoring, understanding and reporting on the vendors, along with responsibility for driving strategic projects and promotions to achieve business objectives).
The Vendor Manager manages the vendor relationship - manages supplier/partner contracts, manages day-to-day relationships, and negotiates and secures marketing funds. The Vendor Manager works directly with our vendors and at the end of the day your contributions will have a major impact on their success on Amazon.com.tr.
The relevant candidate possesses experience in buying and/or marketing, with a track record of successful relationship management, strong analytical acumen, and experience generating and managing reporting and analysis. Great communication skills and understanding of Excel will be essential to your success. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who will take ownership of projects and business problems to a successful result.
Our environment is fast-paced, and requires someone who is flexible, detail-oriented, analytical, and comfortable working with multiple teams, vendors, partners, and management.
• Deliver selection growth and increase value for our customers by managing multiple new and existing vendors within category;
• Build strong and sustainable relationships with our vendors. Find creative solutions in negotiations and facilitate discussions in order to drive profitable growth;
• Work closely with the site merchandising, Instock, supply chain and product management teams to align all efforts and deliver results;
• Seek out ways to automate and simplify manual processes in order to improve productivity.
• BA/BS degree required, Master degree a plus
• Experience with roles focused on marketing or analytical type positions.
• 4-7 year experience in product/category management, marketing, supply chain management, business planning, finance or consulting.
• Fluency in English and Turkish
• Experience in product/category management, marketing, supply chain management, business planning, finance or consulting is a plus;
• Experience using analytical specific tools such as SQL is a plus;
• Bachelor's or Master's studies within Engineering, Commerce, Business administration or similar filed is preferred
All offers are contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Back to top