Vendor Manager, Amazon Publishing
- Windhof, Luxembourg
Amazon Publishing is the full-service publishing arm of Amazon. Our mission is to invent new and better ways to connect authors and readers.
The Amazon Publishing team is looking for a results-oriented Vendor Manager based in Luxembourg to oversee and manage our complex Vendors pool and to be responsible for budget and invoice management. The role may also include Inventory oversee. The ideal candidate will be well-organized and metrics-driven, with a strong bias for action and ability to independently drive results. A track record in solid vendor management, negotiation for services, and operational excellence are preferred. This person uses analytics to guide decision-making, is able to dive deep into data and think creatively about new opportunities.
The person in this role works closely with colleagues and stakeholders in Editorial, Marketing, and Operations as well as with external vendors to ensure our books reach market on schedule and at the highest quality levels.
Additional responsibilities include,
• Maintaining and owning vendor relationships through Europe
• Tracking costs and managing the reporting to the business team and stakeholders
• Managing the invoicing process
• Contributing to continuous improvements in cost reduction, production time, and pipeline capacity
• Negotiating with vendors in order to ensure the best selection of vendors and available services for the EU countries
• Managing the Inventory related aspects of APub EU production
The successful candidate must have the ability to work with multiple teams leading multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment while being both cost-conscious and customer-focused.
• Several years of relevant experience in vendor management, consulting or program management
• Demonstrated strong business judgment
• Experience in negotiation of external services
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Experience managing multiple large volume, highly visible projects simultaneously, under very tight deadlines
• Strong analytical abilities, including experience working with MS Office, especially Excel
• Fluency in German and English
• University Degree
• Demonstrated ability to understand and apply technical concepts and communicate with technical teams
• Fluency in one or more of the following languages: French, Spanish, German or Italian
• Basic SQL skills
• Familiarity with complex technology, file formats, data transmission and storage, XML, and knowledge of multiple computer platforms
• Experience with publishing/printing operations with a focus on process development and improvement
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation or any other assistance, please let the recruiting team know and they will support you with the necessary actions throughout the interview process.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top