Vendor Manager - 12 month Maternity Leave Contract
- Sydney, Australia
Amazon's Australia retail team, located in Sydney, is looking for a highly analytical Vendor Manager with a passion for driving thought leadership in the Sports and Outdoors Footwear category.
If you're inspired by a new challenge and the thought of contributing to a new business in a significant way, then this is the position for you. In this role you will act as the business owner for assigned categories, maximising Amazon's business profitability and selection expansion opportunities, creating the earth's greatest shopping experience - a store featuring more products, brands, & more compelling content than any store, online or off!
The Vendor Manager position is for a passionate customer and category advocate within Amazon, with proven analytical capabilities and project management skills, great attention to detail, the ability to effectively prioritise and multi-task, and a proven record of driving category growth. The VM must be an effective leader and communicator in working with some of Amazon.com.au's most important partners and vendors, as well as with internal colleagues and cross-functional leaders. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for retail and a high level of flexibility and commitment.
The successful VM will be able to:
• Act as the 'business owner' for assigned categories, possessing a complete understanding (inclusive of the strategic context) of internal and external variables that impact your business (this entails owning forecasting, monitoring, understanding and reporting on the business, along with responsibility for driving projects and promotions to achieve business objectives)
• Have a thorough understanding of the industry, seasonality and business trends/events, and continually monitor competitor/industry developments
• Maximise Amazon's business profitability and selection expansion opportunities
• Have a complete understanding of the customer needs, both existing and potential, and use that knowledge to advocate for and drive delivery of site features that provide Amazon customers with an unparalleled shopping experience
• Manage vendor relationships - manage supplier/partner contracts, manage day-to-day relationships, and negotiate and secure marketing funds
• Create business plans for new opportunities and develop and execute project plans for the launch of new features, incorporating merchandising and pricing strategies
• Coordinate cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external parties, while meeting tight deadlines
• Conduct financial analysis of business opportunities to meet and exceed revenue and profitability targets.
• Bachelor's degree
• 3+ years of relevant experience in retail, operations, product or program management, and/or business management/consulting with a proven track record of negotiations and delivering results
• Proven experience leading cross-functional projects
• Influencing abilities and vendor management experience
• Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
• Experience in vendor negotiations, pricing and promotion, inventory management, and product development
• Advanced experience with Excel, or other analytical/Business Intelligence tools
• Highly polished communication skills - speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating
• Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
• A willingness to roll up sleeves to get things done
• Experience launching a new country
• Working in a start-up or early stage environment where you will be defining best practice for your function
Back to top