VAT Compliance Tech Manager
- Novara, Italy
Amazon's vision is to be Earth's most customer-centric company; to build a place where people can come to find and discover anything they might want to buy online. Originally known as an online bookseller, Amazon has dramatically expanded its range over the years both in terms of products it sells and how it sells them, as well as diversifying into web services, online video, and much more.
Our diverse internet business requires VAT-related filings in a number of jurisdictions across Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA). These filings are the responsibility of the EMEA VAT Compliance & Controllership (VAT C&C) team. The dynamic growth of the business and the complexity of VAT requirements in EMEA mean that the number of filings is increasing. Technology solutions are needed to manage this increase for the future and address existing tech debt arising from the past. A technology-focused resource is needed to help us work with other teams to enhance and adapt systems and processes, and to develop and implement the tax technology we need. We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic person to join us in a new role managing the technology requirements of the VAT C&C team. The role will specialise in providing support to the C&C team in the development and use of technology, including accounting systems and automation tools.
Responsibilities will include:
• Identifying, documenting and prioritising VAT C&C technology requirements;
• Reviewing Business Requirement Documents and other related documents and producing Tax Requirement Documents as necessary;
• Discussing, agreeing and explaining requirements to other teams;
• Working with tech teams within and outside Tax to develop, test, refine and implement requirements on a timely basis;
• Maintaining, updating and further developing solutions post-implementation, in conjunction with tech teams outside Tax, as needed;
• Providing support and advice to VAT C&C team in all aspects of technology, including for audits and other projects;
• Liaising, supporting and communicating with colleagues in, and acting as a technical SME for, the VAT C&C team;
• Acting as POC between the VAT C&C team and colleagues in technical teams outside Tax (Tax Tech, Fin Tech, Tax Engine, etc).
• Working with other VAT Compliance Tech resources within the VAT C&C team.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills;
• A strong desire to exceed expectations;
• Organised and methodical with strong attention to detail;
• Excellent computer skills and knowledge/experience of tax tech tools/solutions;
• Ability to take ownership of work, initiate and implement change, and demonstrate a problem solving hand-on approach;
• Able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
• Work experience in a finance, VAT and/or technology function;
• Qualified CTA, CPA, CIMA ,ACCA, ACA, AAT or similar and/or IT related credentials;
• Relevant accounting and/or VAT and/or IT related experience;
• Experience implementing, enhancing and/or maintaining VAT aspects of ERP and related systems;
• Exposure to or experience project managing VAT relevant implementations or being SME as part of project workgroups;
• Exposure to, or experience of, VAT compliance in European jurisdictions;
Back to top