UX Visual and Production Designer - Alexa Information Experience
Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice. Voice is the most natural user interface for interacting in the home and is quickly becoming the preferred way to seek information on any topic, at any time, from any place. Whether in the kitchen with Echo, on the couch with Fire TV, or the go with mobile, customers expect Alexa to delight them with immediate and accurate answers to their questions.
As a Visual and Production Designer for our Alexa Information team, you will work with a team of world-class designers, researchers, and developers to create delightful experiences for millions of users worlwide. You will be creating visuals for users that cross more than 30 different information categories (from animals, to sports, to stock, to the weather, and more), multiple devices (mobile, Echo Show, FireTV), and multiple countries.
Creating beautiful digital experiences that scale across devices and countries takes an obsessive attention to detail as well as the inventiveness to work around technical problems to create something new and unique. You should have a passion for crafting and creating products that bring value to consumer's daily life, one detail at a time. You should enjoy the visual stage of product design, creating a variety of visual mockups that bring the vision of the early wireframes alive on screen. And you should be passionate about pixel perfection execution of those designs in the development stage.
- Create visual mockups and explorations from wireframe sketches.
- Work with interaction, visual, motion designers, and developers to determine best way to execute designs.
- Create detailed design specifications including redline specifications and sticker sheets.
- Output and organize files into a consistent structure for development handoff.
- Collaborate regularly with developers, PMs, and QA to ensure products are built to design specifications.
- 3+ years experience as a visual designer, production designer or similar role.
- Highly detailed and organized.
- Strong understanding of the design production process.
- Strong to expert skills with Sketch, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Able to digest wireframes and create visual elements and specifications based on design direction.
- An online portfolio or samples of work that demonstrate your design. thinking, process, and solutions as it relates to web-based tools, mobile applications, and consumer electronics.
- Experience creating mockups and style guides.
- Bachelor's degree in UX Design or related design discipline.
- Working knowledge of native iOS and Android platforms.
- Understanding of UX design principles (flows, states, process)
- Clear understanding of screen resolution and optimizing for specific requirements.
- Experience creating redlines with pixel perfection.
- Experience optimizing assets for app creative production.
- Experience with platform design and production.
- Familiarity with XML.
- Strong design vocabulary to help communicate with both designers and developers
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top