UX Researcher II – Vendor Experience
Amazon Vendor Experience is seeking a passionate and big thinking user researcher to help us deliver impactful strategic research that helps Amazon better partner with our vendors and deliver great products to our customers.
Our Vendor applications are external facing interfaces where vendors go to work with Amazon. We have a great set of global applications, but it is still Day 1 and there is so much to do. This position is part of Amazon's Retail Systems organization, which is responsible for building the technology that powers the multi-billion dollar Retail business.
This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated person interested in taking a leadership role in helping define the direction for our business while still getting your hands in the day-to-day work. This is a highly visible role where you will collaborate with a number of different groups across the organization. The ideal candidate for this position will be a big thinker, customer-obsessed, detail-oriented and comfortable working on highly technical teams as well as able to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
As an ideal candidate, you will have a deep understanding of user research methods and best practices, skewing towards user research over usability, while maintaining a nimble, creative and pragmatic approach. You should love to turn data into insights, owning your work end-to-end, and be interested in finding new ways for getting key customer insights.
- 5+ years proven success leading User Research projects with demonstrated impact.
- BS in HCDE, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or similar
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (eg: study plans, reports)
- End-to-end experience with all aspects of research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting)
- Strong grasp of quantitative and qualitative data analysis and statistics.
- Hands-on experience with: lab-based user testing, remote testing, paper prototype testing, iterative prototype testing, concept testing, field research, international research, and survey design.
- Fluency in best practices for user research.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Exceptional behavioral data-collection and analysis skills, e.g., designing, conducting, and analyzing all kinds of user data.
- Demonstrated passion for solving problems
- Eagerness to continually learn, grow and improve the craft of research
- MS in Human Factors, HCDE, or Cognitive Psychology
- Retail/E-commerce research experience in a global context.
- Experience designing customer facing retail products.
- Familiarity with the technical considerations involved in designing for complex systems.
- Proficiency with web standards and accessibility compliance.
- Experience with vendors
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top