UX Researcher II
- Linthicum Heights, MD
I Is passion for innovation what drives you? Are you turned on by seeing something you worked on being used by millions of people? Alexa Data Services (ADS) is a global Machine Intelligence Data Services organization that provides a broad range of data labelling services for Machine Learning technologies such as Automatic Speech Recognition, Natural Language Understanding, Entity Resolution, Text-to-Speech, and Question Answering within and beyond the Alexa organization.
We provide full-cycle, high-quality data and services in multiple languages, for multiple countries to power the entire lifecycle of Alexa's features, languages, and devices (pre-launch, beta, and post-launch). We are looking for a passionate and talented UX Researcher who help us define the future to build innovative, large-scale, high volume, and distributed software applications. Alexa is always getting smarter.
Join the team that trains her.
This position will design and conduct research activities that inform concepts and design direction, and that ultimately improve the customer experience. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of user research methods and best practices, along with a nimble, creative and pragmatic approach, and top-notch communication skills.
This position requires the ability to work with minimal direction as well as the capacity to work quickly while delivering high-quality outputs. This position will work on overlapping projects, so strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task are critical. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with considerable ambiguity and will be able to thrive in a resource-constrained environment.
• Work closely with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize research questions based on analysis of current knowledge, project goals and risks.
• Identify best method or mix of methods based on research questions, timeline and resourcing.
• Distill project goals and research questions into well thought-out research plans.
• Conduct user research with rigor while ensuring participant comfort.
• Manage iterative prototyping through close alignment with design, development, and business.
• Perform quick but thorough data analysis in order to create insightful and actionable findings presentations- both verbal and written.
• End-to-end experience with all aspects of research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting)
• Strong grasp of quantitative data analysis and statistics.
• Hands-on experience with: lab-based user testing, remote testing, paper prototype testing, iterative prototype testing, concept testing, field research, international research, and survey design.
• Fluency in best practices for user research.
• The ability to quickly turn around high-quality study plans and reports
• Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
• Exceptional behavioral data-collection and analysis skills, e.g., designing, conducting, and analyzing all kinds of user data.
• The ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile environment
• Ability to meet ambitious deadlines and deliver high-quality work on schedule
• Familiarity with internet-development technologies and tool
• Minimum 6 years proven success leading User/Market Research projects with demonstrated impact.
• A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (eg: study plans, reports)
• Masters in Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or similar
• Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions
• Strong time management skills and the ability to be self-directed when needed.
• Ability to solve complex problems and meticulous eye on holistic ecosystem
• MBA/MS in Human Factors or Cognitive Psychology
• Qualitative Researcher with a Minimum of 5 Year Experience
• Demonstrated history of performing user research or gathering quantitative customer data
Back to top