UX Researcher, Home Innovation Team (Seattle)
- Seattle, WA
The Home Innovation Team (HIT) is on a mission to reshape the shopping journey and help customers through some of the most complex purchases they can make the ones for home furnishings and decor. We are looking for a mixed-methods, UX Researcher to help us raise the bar on the customer's experience in these areas. Partnering with a group of seasoned UX designers, researchers, product managers and engineers, you'll help inform our teams on how to meet the needs of customers and help customers make more informed purchasing decisions, while helping to mold the future of shopping.
As with every project within Amazon, we work backwards from our customer's needs and the challenges they have. Our team tackles some of the toughest problems in retail:
• Streamline the purchase experience for large items such as furniture, and remove all stress in the process.
• Inspire our customers with beautiful experiences and help them find relevant products.
• Provide expert advice and information to help guide our customers in their decision making process.
• Get customers to the products they want faster by improving the ways to search and browse in shopping.
• Develop personalized experiences and intelligently help customers find useful products that match their preferences and styles.
• Help customers learn, develop, and refine their personal style to improve and customize their shopping experience.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Contribute to the ongoing development of a research practice focused on measuring customer experience across global, product, and interaction levels to provide thought leadership to product teams and the broader organization
• Work with multi-disciplinary product teams to understand and define open questions, hypotheses, and success metrics to shape research
• Define and execute research qualitative and quantitative methods appropriate to the questions at hand, including but not limited to user testing, surveys, interviews, AB tests, and data analysis
• Synthesize a wide range of primary and secondary data types leading to focused, insightful, and actionable insights that persuade and inspire partners and decision makers to take concerted, informed actions
• Craft durable, scalable points-of-view for the "voice of the customer" that inform innovative end-to-end solutions and address top customer and business needs
• Educate the organization on insights and opportunities revealed by your own research and that of others to increase shared understanding across the Home Innovation Team and Amazon
• Bring new ideas and expertise to help continue raising the quality of research across the team
The ideal candidate for this position is customer-obsessed, detail-oriented, familiar working with technical teams and able to handle multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced environment. The most successful members of our team are also capable of working through a high degree of ambiguity, eager to learn, and thrive in a resource-constrained environment.
• 5+ years of experience contributing to the design of successful digital products and services, with a portfolio demonstrating past work experience, deliverables, and the ability to extract actionable insights from data that illustrates how your research contributed to this success.
• Broad experience designing and running quantitative studies
• Bachelor's degree in Customer Research, Statistics, or a related field of study, or commensurate professional experience
• Excellent communications skills with evidence of conveying complex concepts clearly and persuasively to a variety of audiences.
• Solid portfolio of quantitative data analysis and inferential statistics informing digital product decisions and resulting in improved customer outcomes
• Experience using survey and quantitative analysis tools like Qualtrics, SPSS, R
• Experience researching and developing experiences for global markets
• Demonstrated creativity for selecting the a mix of research methods to provide actionable insights and the capacity to invent new methods when the resources do not exist
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top