Are you a user researcher with a geeky streak? Do you have a strong passion to make things better for customers? Do you obsess about how to simplify complex problems?
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) team is looking for a User Researcher to learn about our users through rigorous research methods, and work with designers and development teams to drive great user experiences.
Each day, hundreds of thousands of developers make billions of transactions worldwide on our cloud. They harness the power of Amazon Web Services (AWS) to enable innovative applications, websites, and businesses. We want to make it easy for new customers to get started, and for existing ones to manage their cloud resources.
This position requires the ability to work with minimal direction as well as the capacity to work quickly while delivering high-quality results. You will work on overlapping projects, so strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task are critical. Amazon is a fast-paced and exciting environment. You will need to be comfortable with some ambiguity and will be able to thrive in a resource-constrained environment.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of user research methods and best practices, along with a creative and pragmatic approach. You will design and conduct research activities which inform concepts and design directions and ultimately improve the customer experience.
- Design research that distills project goals and research questions into well thought-out research plans.
- Perform quick but thorough data analysis in order to create insightful and actionable findings
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize research questions based on analysis of current knowledge, project goals and risks.
- Identify best method or mix of methods based on research questions, timeline and resourcing.
- Conduct user research with rigor while ensuring participant comfort.
- 5+ years proven success leading User Research projects with demonstrated impact
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- End-to-end experience with all aspects of research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting)
- Hands-on experience with: lab-based user testing, remote testing, paper prototype testing, iterative prototype testing, concept testing, field research, and survey design
- BS or MS in Human Factors, HCDE, or Cognitive Psychology
- Research experience from a complex technical field. Especially valued would be experience from research on software development, cloud services, systems administration or database management
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Exceptional behavioral data-collection and analysis skills, e.g., designing, conducting, and analyzing all kinds of user data.
- Full-cycle data analysis, including extracting data from SQL and other relevant resources and presenting compelling visualizations.
- The ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile environment
- Ability to meet ambitious deadlines and deliver high-quality work on schedule
- Familiarity with internet-development technologies and tools
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top