UX Manager, Alexa Skills
Alexa, find me a terrific UX manager!
Come lead the discovery and invention of future human-device interaction. Sound fun? Then the Alexa Skills Kit (ASK) UX team wants to talk to you.
We and the thousands of developer partners we empower are leading the way to new types of voice-driven and blended experiences across Amazon's products and services—Amazon Echo, Amazon Fire TV and Amazon Dash. Our mission is to push the envelope of what is possible and how far device experiences can go.
As a UX manager in ASK, you'll help guide a great in-house creative team and work closely with key stakeholders to deliver innovative end-to-end tooling solutions that are effective, intuitive, and enjoyable for our developer partners. You'll have a significant impact on our business as you take a leadership role in setting the tone and pace for how we deliver great experiences for our partners.
If you're right for this role, you'll have deep knowledge and practical experience in the ways software design happens, from design concept creation to development and release and possess excellent communication abilities.
- Help deliver the vision for ASK to drive third-party developer success in within the Alexa ecosystem
- Working across UX and Alexa to create strong relationships with teams and stakeholders
- Communicate and collaborate with the ASK UX, PM, and Engineering leadership to achieve successful execution
- Guide the team with scoping, prioritizing, and planning project work and requests, then evaluating quality and effectiveness.
- Own end-to-end design process and deliverables to effectively conceptualize and communicate design strategy and detailed interaction behaviors.
- Collaborate effectively with an agile, multi-disciplinary team to evaluate the feasibility of proposed designs and champion great UX in the face of technical constraints.
- Promote and utilize a variety of qualitative and quantitative assessment methodologies throughout the development lifecycle; lead team in defining, tracking, and reporting key user experience metrics.
- Evaluate new and emerging methods and technologies and identify best of breed to incorporate into our team's toolkit; evaluate, establish, and apply best practices, patterns, and guidelines.
- 6+ years of experience as a user experience designer or interaction designer, or similar role
- 3+ years of experience leading a multidisciplinary user experience team, including the following:
- Creation of human-centered design solutions
- Ability to turn ideas into vision and delivery
- Design for a variety of form factors and contexts of use, including a variety of input and output modes
- Delivery of full life cycle design projects, from design strategy through execution
- Use of metrics to demonstrate effectiveness
- Use of a broad range of UX philosophies and methods, such as information architecture, interaction design, and human-centered principles
- Ability to work across teams and synthesize customer feedback and input from business leaders, product management, and engineering teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, with iteration and flexibility
- Ability to use standard design and prototyping tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Omnigraffle, Axure, Hype, etc.
- A track record of presenting to and influencing colleagues and senior management
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or related field required
- 7+ years of experience managing a collaborative multi-disciplinary team (designers, researchers, prototypers, and writers).
- Experience with designing products for global markets.
- Fluency in a second language.
- A strong set of strategies, principles, practices, and philosophies that span business, technology, and design and the ability to use and present them with eloquence and precision.
- Experience shipping innovative, successful digital tool products.
- Unwavering attention to detail with an acute awareness that everything counts.
- Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations
- Committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge.
- Use rock-solid methods and techniques to produce the right UX artifacts for every given design situation
- Confidently explain design rationale used to create solutions in executive-level design reviews
- Combine experience, research, and analysis of information and data to inform UX improvement
- Appreciate and pursue great end-to-end experiences, paying attention to flow, context, microinteractions, performance, and change
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top