UX LEAD DESIGNER (NEW PRODUCT LAUNCH)
Amazon Kindle content team is looking for an entrepreneurial and creative senior design manager to define the UX for a new product launch (app and web application) in the academic segment. You will collaborate with product managers, engineers, executives, and other designers, leading the design vision and project deliverables from rough sketches to working prototypes. A successful candidate will be able to explore and translate complex interactions into simple, engaging solutions and be able to communicate those solutions verbally as well as through sketches, user flows, wireframes, hi-fi mocks and functional prototypes. Candidates must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed in a fast-paced, collaborative environment without supervision.
• Lead the design of a new Amazon product in the academic segment
• Create user flows, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups and detailed UI and visual design specifications for web, mobile web and app interfaces.
• Understand target users deeply: develop or work from user profiles and conduct task analysis, create user scenarios or use stories.
• Quickly and thoroughly create diagrams, wireframes, detailed visual mockups and prototypes to communicate high-level design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors.
• Design the information architecture, interface, and interaction flow of the web and mobile e-commerce experience.
• Direct the visual design of the web and mobile applications.
• Be a champion for user testing by partnering with researchers to get your solutions in front of customers; and be willing to conduct scrappy, around-the-office user testing on your own if required.
• Contribute to user interface design and development best practices and standards at Amazon.
• Partner with strategic product management teams and highly technical development teams to support product launches.
• Present design work to the user experience team, product team, executives, and external partners for review and feedback.
• 9+ years of industry experience in UX design or related discipline.
• Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
• Capacity to own and drive the design process by independently defining requirements, scoping projects and prioritizing tasks.
• High proficiency in design and prototype tools and command of technologies (web, Android, iOS, etc.).
• Bachelor's degree in design or relevant disciplines.
• Previous experience designing e-commerce apps and sites.
• Experience in a highly agile/scrum environment.
Demonstrated strong visual design expertise with ability to produce fresh, simple, elegant and exceedingly usable layouts and interactions and iconography