UX Designer - Operations People Product & Tech (Atlanta, Arlington, Austin, Nashville, or Seattle)
- Seattle, WA
Note on Location: We are open to this role being located in Atlanta, GA; Arlington, VA; Austin, TX; Nashville, TN; or Seattle, WA.
The Amazon Worldwide Operations People Product & Technology (OPPT) design team is looking for a UX Designer to reinvent the user experience for Amazon hourly associates. We create products and experiences for associates throughout their career at Amazonfrom applying an hourly job at Amazon, identifying the best shifts for their schedule, opportunities to pick up additional work, choosing when they get paid, engaging with their peers, to looking for their next career opportunities. The experiences design directly impacts the lives of associates by helping associates achieve the work life harmony that is best for them. We are also committed to helping Amazon acquire, train, and retain associates to fulfill Amazon's mission to be the world's most customer-centric company.
We are looking for a highly-determined, highly-curious, experienced UX Designer to create user experience for one of our new initiatives. This person will work collaboratively with a team of product managers, engineers, executives, as well as UX leadership, a team of passionate and creative UX designers, researchers and design technologies to improve how associates interact with their job and Amazon. You'll drive UX design from early-stage concepts all the way through final delivery and launch. Candidates must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed in a fast-paced environment with a high-degree of independence and ownership to thrive in collaborative work environments.
• Create elegant and intuitive user experiences by incorporating user insights, business requirements and technical constraints.
• Quickly and iteratively create user flows, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups with detailed visual design specifications for mobile, and web interfaces throughout the design process.
• Create UX solutions for problems of large scope and complexity. Work through ambiguity, and adapt your approach to meet the needs of multiple stakeholders.
• Be a champion for user-centered design by partnering with researchers to test your solutions in front of users; and be willing to build lightweight prototype, conduct scrappy and quick user testing on your own if required.
• Present design work to UX, Product, and Engineering teams, as well as stakeholders and executive leadership.
• Contribute to user experience design guidelines and development best practices and standards at Amazon Design Community.
• Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI) or equivalent professional experience.
• 4+ years of industry experience in UX design or related discipline.
• An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience in user-centered design solutions and product design innovation. Must illustrate solving for multi-platform UX challenges and demonstrate scalable, user-friendly design solutions.
• High proficiency in a variety of design and prototype tools such as Sketch, Invision, Figma, Framer, Azure, and the Adobe Creative Suite; command of technologies (web, Android, iOS, etc.).
• Experience planning and executing effective customer research, solo, or in partnership with a UX Researcher.
• Strong visual design skills, preferably experienced in designing marketing campaign sites or products.
• Experienced in effective collaboration closely with product and tech partners from inception through implementation. Capable of incorporating business requirements and technical constraints to into design, as well as influencing business roadmap and decision making.
• Exceptional problem-solving abilities and solid design instincts who can translate user and business needs into fantastic solutions.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work gracefully and have a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment.
• Fluency in best design practices across mobile, web platforms and devices, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top