Amazon Physical Stores is more start-up than big-company, a group of entrepreneurial, analytical, and creative leaders with innovation at our core. We're pushing the state of the art in helping customers shop in engaging, fast, and safe ways. To date we've created stores that let you use an app to enter, take what you want from our fresh selection, and go (Amazon Go); a smart shopping cart that uses computer vision algorithms and sensor fusion to let you skip the checkout line (Amazon Dash Cart); and contactless services that let you pay, enter or identify yourself (Amazon One). Note: The specific team is internally and tech focused to delivery scalable solutions.
As a UX Designer in the Amazon Physical Stores Technology organization, you will be part of a team that enables Just Walk Out Technology solutions to support our store formats. You will work on complex problems and help craft experiences that are durable, scalable and fluid.
• Collaborate closely with a multi-disciplinary team to arrive at simple and intuitive solutions.
• Identify the right mechanism, deliverable and level of fidelity required to successfully communicate design concepts.
• Dive deep on customer pain points and triangulate inputs (quantitative and qualitative data, user and stakeholder feedback, business and technical constraints, etc.) to inform and iterate design solutions.
• Work creatively around challenging and complex business and technical parameters to maintain a high customer experience bar.
• Understand the end-to-end customer journey, the friction points within, and how your proposed solution impacts that path and others.
• Define, create and iterate detailed user interactions, visual language and design patterns to support the entire product portfolio.
• Maintain a clear understanding of product strategy and work collaboratively with product managers to ensure proposed design concepts align against long-term goals.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
• 5+ years of professional experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, product designer, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully deliver against role responsibilities, working with minimal guidance and direction in a fast-pace environment.
• Strong online portfolio of past work experience and deliverables, demonstrating samples of your design deliverables (concepts/drawings, user flows/diagrams, wireframes, and prototypes) and product outcomes.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills, including the ability to present design concepts clearly and persuasively to colleagues, partners, stakeholders, and especially to senior executives.
• Experience with a variety of design and prototyping tools (e.g., Sketch, XD, etc.)
• Understanding of Kaizen improvement processes and philosophy.
• Strong track record of iterative design, working closely with product and technology partners from inception through implementation.
• Base level understanding of research methodologies and techniques to collect ad-hoc data as need to validate design concept effectiveness.
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and flexibility.
• Highly-organized and meticulous in your craft.